Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

My little love is one week shy of 4 months and I am just wondering when would be too soon to take him to the groomers? I brush him all the time, but it can still get warm here in NC, and I don't want him to have too much hair! And also his nails are really long and my legs can't take it anymore :eek:

Would it be too soon for me to take him?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nope. they can do something called a puppy cut so he still looks super cute. Even though they always look good after they get groomed. Also don't wait too long for the nails if you don't do it every 3-4 weeks the quicks will get long and they wont be able to cut the nails very short.

·
Registered
134 Posts
As long as he's UTD on his current vaccinations as some places ask for shot records, some don't. He can get a puppy cut, but I would also suggest you finding a picture of a similar cut you'd want for him. I went to take Teddy in for a puppy cut once and came out with a completely different dog who was shaved down to nothing. It was heartbreaking lol. I've now taught myself how to just trim up certain areas, I also cut his nails on my own. It can be nerve wrecking the first couple times you do it but it gets easier, especially if they're comfortable with you touching their paws.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
After 4 months most puppies who've gotten shots and anything are good to go. But like someone said you should be specific on what you want for a haircut.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Assuming he's up to date on vaccinations he should be about done with them at his age. Once all that's taken care of I'd get him on a regular grooming schedule straight away. It's much easier to get them accustomed to the process when they're younger, so better to start early! Were it me I would have already started with his nails, but it's good that you've been brushing him regularly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.