Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I take my dog to the beach I rinse her off thoroughly when we get home to get the sand and salt water off, but I don't generally "bathe" her with shampoo very often. I had always heard you shouldn't bathe your dog often because it strips them of their body oils.

My dog doesn't stink, so I just leave her be. Should I be bathing her regularly? She's a 60 lb lab mix with short hair.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I wash them if they're very muddy or stink (hasn't happened in 10 months!). I've heard the same thing about stripping the oil of their coat.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I'm going to bathe her today, because it's literally been over a year since she's had a bath. I don't know why she doesn't stink- seems like she should. She does love to roll around in the wet grass at the park, so maybe that keeps her fresh!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bathe my dog every three months but my dog is big and has long hair so it helps to bathe her when she is shedding (I get a ball of unwanted hair at the end, yuck!) and also she just starts to stink if she goes 5 months without a shower. I guess it depends on your dog really so its up to you! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts