Dog Forum banner

How NOT to train your dog

12022 Views 104 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  Criosphynx
I want to make it absolutely clear that you should NOT TRAIN using any method on this thread. I just thought it would be a funny (and sad, I know) thread to share bad training videos. If the mods think it will be too confusing to new members, feel free to alpha roll me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 105 Posts
wow, ask and ye shall recieve, this user just "friended" me on YT. they obviously didn't watch my vids

this dog looks sooo shutdown. Poster child really.

at least the guy recognizes that shes frightened. Just doesn't seem to mind it.

I really wish I didn't watch those, it made my stomach turn. Those dogs are terrified and throwing calming signal after calming signal and this freaking idiot is saying "oh she being defiant and just doesn't want to do the work" I wish I could pinch him and shove a stick in his mouth. And then shock him with a collar and see how he how he likes it. :mad:
she knows I don't put pressure when she come into a certain safety zone radius around me
Ya, because if ya did she'd bite your face off :mad: did you unfriend him? is that even possible?
Ya, because if ya did she'd bite your face off :mad: did you unfriend him? is that even possible?

no I just didn't accept his request. :) I get "friended" by alot of these types looking to make a buck selling their snake oil.

Ha, I need to friend you :p What, I have like, one video?
ok, heres a more subtle example

see how frustrated she is with this dog? see how confused the dog is?

she also keeps saying the cue when the dog has no idea wtf she wants.

this is training with a clicker, not clicker training. This vid is bad, it makes me cringe

:[
If I honestly spent the 15 minutes a day training Deedee to retrieve, she'd be done by now. Though we're going slow. And Deedee is a dog with as much natural retrieving in her as a brick. Honestly I taught her to take the ball in the same amount of time as that guy taught the lab. Difference is I had treats and a clicker, didn't need to hold my dog into place, and she was wagging her tail and play bowing the whole time. And yes, sometimes instead she will put her paws on me. Not because she's a quitter. Because she wants to explore my mouth with her nose, and every paw on my body is one step closer to it. Of course it's probably just dominance or something, so I body slam her to the ground and scream in her face not to touch me...

Hmm I thought I was bad when i started with the clicker...
See less See more
doG, my mom actually asked if I had a headache because of the way I was acting.

No duh theres a magnet under the carpet, you keep treating her when she sits like that and not when she's beside you.... ugh...
If I honestly spent the 15 minutes a day training Deedee to retrieve, she'd be done by now. Though we're going slow. And Deedee is a dog with as much natural retrieving in her as a brick. Honestly I taught her to take the ball in the same amount of time as that guy taught the lab. Difference is I had treats and a clicker, didn't need to hold my dog into place, and she was wagging her tail and play bowing the whole time. And yes, sometimes instead she will put her paws on me. Not because she's a quitter. Because she wants to explore my mouth with her nose, and every paw on my body is one step closer to it. Of course it's probably just dominance or something, so I body slam her to the ground and scream in her face not to touch me...

Hmm I thought I was bad when i started with the clicker...
yeah, I kinda laughed when he said two weeks...Chili was retrieving from 5 feet away in about 5-7 days...granted its not the fancy, robotic retrieve, but I wasn't selecting for that...

doG, my mom actually asked if I had a headache because of the way I was acting.

No duh theres a magnet under the carpet, you keep treating her when she sits like that and not when she's beside you.... ugh...
I first saw that like a year ago, it took everything in me not to comment...

In don't get why people would actually post videos of themselves doing a bad job at training their dogs? What is there to gain?
I don't think they realize its bad :/
I am mad. That is all.

Oh, and Crio I want to find that guy on YT and tell the world how HORRIBLE he is
I don't think they realize its bad :/
You have a point there.
In don't get why people would actually post videos of themselves doing a bad job at training their dogs? What is there to gain?

people think its the dog. If you listen to her comments you can tell she blames the dog, or the cat, or som'thing, but certainly not her crappy method.

Hmm..okay makes sense now. :(
I'm thinking of going onto her youtube and tell her she sort of.... failed. Though then I need to get a video of my dogs doing well incase she trys that on me... Which should be easy. I think I can do a little better then her....
I don't think that'll work, they'll just get all defensive...ect... and blame the dog even more...
Hmmm true. It says it was posted in 2009, so hopefully she learned a bit more about clicker training and is a better trainer now anyway.
Here's the one I saw yesterday. This one is pretty bad. The guy turned off comments on it b/c apparently people were telling him what an idiot he was. The sad thing is he pretty much only needed to do NILIF since that's what worked, none of the other crap that got him bit.

41 - 60 of 105 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.