Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How much would you pay for dog clothes?

5K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  dusto 
#1 ·
Hey there dog lovers! :huddle:

I design and manufacture dog clothes and would appreciate your input so that I can make stuff you would actually like to buy for your pets. Please answer a few quick questions to help me out...

1) What is the MAXIMUM amount of money that you would pay for a sweater? A shirt?

2) What do you want to buy for your dogs that IS NOT being offered? (apparel-wise)

3) What is your favorite item(s) to buy for your dogs?

#5 ·
I think I spent between $100-200 this year on clothes and hair bows. But probably that is going to be enough for a while. I don't really dress the larger dogs except for occasionally putting their sweats on in the brief cold Texas winter. Maybe sometimes I'll put their hats and doggles and a bandanna for a walk, mostly just the bandanna.
Most of the cute stuff is for the shih tzu, she seems to enjoy the fuss.
2. Personal (dog) Air conditioning unit, self contained so he can carry it.
May I see a picture?

#6 ·
Dusto, Not an AC unit, but there is this: Ruffwear Swamp Cooler :)

Ashleigh,
1. We have hunting setters, so we don't dress them up in cutesie clothes; however, we buy winter dog blankets/coats for them, like RC Pets, Weatherbeeta, Tough1, and custom coats by Horse Creations. I've spent as much as $70 for a dog jacket, but we prefer under $50 a piece, since we have several for each of our five dogs. I may splurge this year and buy some Ruffwear winter gear for one dog. The lighter fleece liners I can sew myself. They aren't cold intolerant dogs, but why make them tough it out in the cold of winter?

2. Would love to see a UV blocking sun/bug sheet, like those for horses. They would be nice for dogs with coat/skin issues in the summer.

3. I'm a sucker for buying treats, toys, collars, and dog blankets/coats (horse blankets, too). I don't often make it out of a pet store without a new toy....

#7 ·
20-25 bucks.I buy mostly sweaters and rain jackets because it gets cold here and my dog is.short haired.Rain jackets because she hates rain.Iliketo have bandanas for my dog.Blankets toys and lots of collars.
Posted via Mobile Device

#10 ·
ya a solar powered dog backpackable air conditioning unit. Something like boy in the bubble...lol
Rocky is incredibly heat unresistant, so the only thing i'd buy is a garment that makes him cooler, and unfortunately, they do not exist.

Already hot here in so-cal too! I have to take rocky out before ~8am and after 8pm

#11 ·
I bet someone could make money with an on-leash indoor air conditioned track. It would have a coffee/soda bar so after the walk you could sit with your friends and have refreshments (complimentary water for the dog). Maybe a vet office. A boutique to sell quality leashes and stuff. A bulletin board for adoptions and other concerns. A free book exchange area for dog related info.

#12 ·
Under $45. I don't dress up my dog unless it's for winter, a life vest or Halloween (kids get a kick out of it). I'd like to see breed specific clothes at a decent price

#13 ·
the only article of clothing I have for my dog is a fleece sweater for the bitterly cold Minnesota winters. the sweater is a handmedown from our last dog that died. I bought it from REI and thought it was overpriced (about $60-70). Aside from helping to provide extra warmth and insulation during the winter months, I don't think dogs have any business wearing clothes.

#14 ·
This is my fave dressed dog pic. Mojo was rescued, homeless, skinny and with 100s of fleas, to come home with me and be a part of the family and sit on my sofa velvet pillow which he loves. He is my doorbell dog because I am hearing impaired.
Other than barking and the occasional dress up, Mojo lives a life of luxury, he is an old man now.

Attachments

#15 ·
I have somebody making me a dress for my pooch for her party at the moment and it's costing me £300 which I think is around $500, I spend around £100 pounds a week on clothes for her, each items at around fifty pounds so two a week :)
I think most people that buy clothes are happy to pay more for quality and more so comfort. I think the low end I pay is £25, then the most I've ever paid was £900 for a very special dress on my wedding day! People pay for what they get, if you sell good stuff, charge for it!

#20 ·
I have a thundershirt and I'd definitely buy a life vest is we had a pool (my breed are not good at swimming). I might pay $5 for a shirt to make the kids giggle but my dog has fur and I imagine that's hot enough.

Kind of seems like trolling to say you spent that much a week on dog clothes IMO. Sorry if I'm wrong. I probably spend way too much on toys but it's something my dog gets something out of mentally.

#21 ·
Ya actually I would spend as much as it took to get a vest that helped Rocky. I bought a vest at Petco and it got the biggest size they had...xl. The thing looked foolish and right from the start I knew it wouldn't even help him. He still sunk with the life jacket on. So if I purchase another, I will definitely try it out right away so I can return it if it is worthless. The last one I got in the winter and the beach is too cold during that time, so it sat for 6-8 months before I had a chance to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.