Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much dog food would you guys recommend feeding a 2 year old female rottweiler?

I'm using, Smart Heart dog food brand. I give her 3 cups in the morning. 2 cups in the afternoon and 3 cups at night. My friend says I'm giving her too much. I think he's right.

He's recommended 1.5 cups in the morning and 1.5 cups in the evening.

She's recently been crossed as well. It's been 8 days. So I'm concerned about what should be a sufficient amount of diet for her.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Lucky dog!! That is a ton!!

Crossed means 'bred' so she's pregnant?

If she's pregnant you should not be messing about with feed changes ;) Take her for her vet exam (she should have one if she's pregnant) and ask the vet. Explain how much she's been getting and what you should feed.

Pregnant females and nursing females require more food. BUT she's getting a ton so I would not increase it. At the same time, don't decrease it without asking your vet.

I have to ask-is she eating all that food? Does she throw up? Does she seem overweight? Is she active? How do her poops look? Sorry so many questions ;)

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
How much dog food would you guys recommend feeding a 2 year old female rottweiler?

I'm using, Smart Heart dog food brand. I give her 3 cups in the morning. 2 cups in the afternoon and 3 cups at night. My friend says I'm giving her too much. I think he's right.

He's recommended 1.5 cups in the morning and 1.5 cups in the evening.

She's recently been crossed as well. It's been 8 days. So I'm concerned about what should be a sufficient amount of diet for her.
Did you just get the dog? That is WAY too much food. She should only get 3-4 cups MAX per day. If she is pregnant you need to set up a vet visit for diet changes and exams.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts