Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I was wondering if I am feeding my puppy the right amount of food, she is 10 weeks and I feed her 1 cup is it to little of dog food for her?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She's a Golden retriever, she's 13lbs and I feed her Purina Puppy Chow. She's the one in my avatar.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
How is her weight and growth? The suggested amount on the bag of food is only a general guide. As long as she is gaining weight at a normal rate, she is doing ok, if not, increase only slightly for a week or so and see how she is doing. Your Vet can help guide you and monitor her growth and weight gain rate. Also as a side note, I am not a believer in processed foods for them. I know its less expensive and more convenient, but ours has done so much better feeding her only fresh foods. There are several on the market.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How is her weight and growth? The suggested amount on the bag of food is only a general guide. As long as she is gaining weight at a normal rate, she is doing ok, if not, increase only slightly for a week or so and see how she is doing. Your Vet can help guide you and monitor her growth and weight gain rate. Also as a side note, I am not a believer in processed foods for them. I know its less expensive and more convenient, but ours has done so much better feeding her only fresh foods. There are several on the market.
Okay, Thank you!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts