Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I have 2, Poppy is a cranky (but loveable) 13 year old tabby & white, & Tilly is an 8 year old, mainly white with a touch of black moggy. Tilly is in love with Betsy dog (as you can see from my avatar :D ) She waits in the hallway for Betsy to return from her walks :)
Lovely pictures of everyone's cats by the way! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I have one- a gorgeous little black cat who is purely evil. She was captured as a feral baby and though she is quite friendly towards people remains some feral characteristics. Not knowing that humans existed until she was 5weeks old and being taken from her cat family at that age took its toll on her social skills.

She hates all non human animals besides my ferrets and the old cat I had when she was a kitten that has since passed. She barely tolerates the dogs, so I wouldn't dare get another cat while I have her. I do love that little creature, though!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I have one- a gorgeous little black cat who is purely evil. She was captured as a feral baby and though she is quite friendly towards people remains some feral characteristics. Not knowing that humans existed until she was 5weeks old and being taken from her cat family at that age took its toll on her social skills.

She hates all non human animals besides my ferrets and the old cat I had when she was a kitten that has since passed. She barely tolerates the dogs, so I wouldn't dare get another cat while I have her. I do love that little creature, though!
That's interesting as my Tilly was a feral kitten, taken by a cat rescue group also at 5 weeks. The Mama was neutered & set free & the kittens were homed at 8 weeks. Tilly has also struggled with some skills, she doesn't groom herself like Poppy does or do that cute kneading thing, things I guess they learn from their Mama, & although she loves people (& Betsy of course!) she's not keen on being picked up, but will happily curl up on my lap. She also has a shorter than Normal, slightly wonky tail, bless her :D You can guarantee where I am, she will be close by, which I love :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
We have had two cats at a time for the past 25 years, along with different dogs over the past 13 years. We lost both of our 15 year olds to kidney failure last year so we adopted two rescues in hopes that they would bond. So far it hasn't worked out too well. The big red and white boy from the local pound is one of the nicest cats we've ever had, easy going, affectionate, not finicky and playful.

The calico girl is a piece of work (and the first female I've ever owned). She's extremely territorial, stand offish, and finicky about her food. Just as she was beginning to come out of her self-imposed exile in the kitchen, our old dog passed and we rescued a nine month old terrier puppy. Toby and Emma wrestle and chase each other like I hoped the cats would but Tina wants nothing to do with either of them. To say our little family is a work in progress is an understatement. But they are all very young animals and hopefully over time will mellow into a better relationship.

Toby

Tina

Toby and Emma

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Tina has the look of my Poppy, the look that says 'I will tolerate you, just!' :D Seriously, I love her to bits, she curls up close to me & my husband during the night, but man does she have a mean streak when she wants to!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
152 Posts
A few pictures of my dog + cats.

I don't have a picture with the whole crew.

Toby & Shadow:
Shadow is a 1 year old black tabby cat who was supposed to be temporary through my rescue but when nobody wanted him, he was foster failed.
He and Toby have a very close bond so I do feel it's better he's here with us.
They tend to stick pretty close to each other.
TobyShadow.jpg

Toby & Honey:
Honey is a 5 year old buff tabby cat. She has a lot of cattitude. I am basically her only accepted human, and that's fine, I've had her since she was the size of my palm.
TobyHoney.jpg

Sebastian, Toby and Shadow:
Sebastian is a 6 or 7 year old tri tabby. He is black, brownish-orange and white and walked into our lives right off the streets. Hasn't left since.
TobyCats.jpg

Trixie:
My beloved maine coon mix, she is 10 years old and typically a "loner". She was my first pet when I moved out of my parents house and I'm looking forward to many more years with her.
Trixie.jpg

·
Registered
103 Posts
Three!
Two are outside rat cats that have followed my family to three different houses and haven't run off. One's a gray tabby (Annie) and one's an orange tabby (Kuren) and both are about 10. The gray tabby does great at keeping snakes and mice away from the house and barn.
Then there's my four year old indoor Birman mix named Sherlock. He's a little cross eyed and loves messing with my brother's GSD and my Mal. He was our first indoor pet and went through both of our dog's puppy stages. Since he's such a great escape artist he stays with my parents while I'm in college.
Sorry for rambling. Cats can be just as fun and troublesome as dogs can. :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
I forgot to add pictures. I only have pictures of Sherlock currently on my phone (gotta wipe the thing clean every couple of months since I take too many pictures of my pets).

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just one! We had two but she went into heat and somehow got out of the house, and it was just three days before we were gonna get her spayed. Haven't seen her since.

And your cat's GORGEOUS, Tucker. Like geezzz
And I love yours Timber, it's so cute seeing siblings not separated from each other

This is my baby, have had her for years. My very first cat - I never thought I'd own a cat but she's my babe<33

IMG_4332.jpg IMG_2707.jpg

1 - 20 of 25 Posts