Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blu is my Siberian Husky. He's 4 years old now. I'm gonna write about how I got him.

I think it was late 2016 when my friend called me up. He wanted to get a dog and asked me to recommend a few breeds. I recommended him the Golden Retriever, German Shepherd, and other sportive dogs. He and his family loved going outdoors and hiking and stuff, so they wanted an active dog. A few days later, he said that he found a few dogs from different breeders and asked me to go with him to check it out. At first, I didn't want to because it was freezing outside and the snow was ankle-deep. I just wanted to stay at home and read some books. But he persuaded me to, and so I did. I never regretted that decision. I got into his mother's car, and we went to the breeder's homes.

The first breeder bred Boxers, which was the dog he ended up with. His Boxer, Bull, was adorable as a puppy. Now, he's a big and handsome boy. After going to 3 other breeder's houses, we came to the last one. It was a big and nice house, and we stepped inside. That breeder greeted us warmly, and let us see her pups. They were 4 months old, and if he decided then to get one, he'd have to wait a little while before the pups could leave their mother. They were Husky puppies - my favorite breed that I had wanted since I liked dogs. And I loved them. They were really adorable, and so small and fluffy. Beautiful, too. The father was a Grand Champion and Best of Breed. Their mother was a Champion too. They both won S.T.A.R Puppy awards when they were pups. Out of the litter, there was one that caught my eye. All of the pups except for him were playing and running around their mother, but this one was lying down there, looking at us. I picked him up gently, and he looked at me. He had big, blue eyes, and he opened his mouth happily. He snuggled in my lap and slept. I stroked his back slowly, and he started to wake up. He yapped and whined.

"What's the problem, huh?" I remember myself asking him. He stopped yapping and looked at me. I looked at him. And he opened his mouth again, as if he was smiling. I laughed. Soon, he was running around me, and snuggling up close to his mother. Soon, we were going to leave. As I was about to step out of the door, he barked and his ears pricked up. He ran to me and licked me. "Sorry, I gotta go, okay?" I told him. He whined. "He likes you," the breeder said. "If you can't keep him, do you can come here everyday or whenever you're free to see him?" I was so happy and nodded my head.

Day after day, he and I got closer to each other, and we bonded with each other. And I decided that I wanted him. I soon found the courage to talk to my parents about this. My mom, not unsurprisingly, declined. They knew that Huskies shed a lot, and my mom hated cleaning up, even when she has a vacuum. I was really sad.

But my dad said, "Why don't we try it out for a few days? Let him get the husky, and make him tidy up and clean up the fur. If it doesn't work out, we give it back to the breeder. Okay?"

"I am not having another dog in the house!" My mom shouted.

"Mom, please? I'm begging you. I'll clean up the fur and the poop and stuff. Please?" I begged.

My mom sighed. "Let us see the dog first."

"Yay! Thanks, mom, I love you so much!"

And we went to see him. He melted my mom and dad's hearts too, and we agreed to get him. The breeder was happy that the pup was going into a good home, and asked us to come and collect him a month later. She kept us updated by sending photos of him once a week, and we visited him from time to time.

A few months passed, and it was time to collect him! We drove to the breeder's house and collected him. He was really happy to see me again, and bided goodbye to his parents and siblings. He spent the first few days at home really happily, and he loved to slide down the stairs, watch TV (he'll bark at it), and play pranks on Slobber, my Bulldog. Slobber 'taught' him how to eat politely, the best sleeping spots on my bed, what to do when strangers approached, and how to beg for food. In the night, he curled up next to Slobber and both of them slept on my bed.

2 years later, we moved to Singapore. Blu adjusted well there, but he didn't really like the hot weather. Now, he got used to it. He grew into a big boy, and handsome too. He likes running around in the garden, and looking at pretty flowers my mom plants.

When Slobber died, he was really sad. Even now. Slobber was like a father to him. When I got my new pup a few weeks ago - Silly, whom I rescued, he taught Silly the things that Slobber taught him. Silly is my Kerry Blue/Pomeranian/Husky/Jack Russel/Poodle mix, and is 3 months old.

Blu is a great dog. He's got a great personality and all. I love Blu.

As a puppy:
IMG-20191216-WA0008.jpg2.jpg

Now an adult:
IMG-20191216-WA0007.jpg2.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very handsome, that's a dramatic change in his markings though.

I'd love to see a photo of him with Slobber, they must have made quite a pair.
@JoanneF yes I was just going to ask if his change in markings was usual because a few of my friends huskies only changed their markings and colors a bit. And, for some reason, my dogs don't like taking photos with each other. It was the same problem with their parents and my father's Poodle when he was a boy. Is it a medical condition? Only now I kind of realize it.

·
Super Moderator
3,267 Posts
So, Blu seems to have grown really fast.

Was he from California, or was he from Spain?

Explain?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, Blu seems to have grown really fast.

Was he from California, or was he from Spain?

Explain?
Whoever who read this thread, I apologize. I posted a fake picture of Blu when he was a puppy. I did not have any pictures of Blu when he was a puppy and this looked really similar to him so I thought I could post it. I should have just said that this Husky puppy looked like Blu, but is not Blu. Sorry, it was dumb of me to do that. Please forgive me. I won't do it again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts