Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to this forum, I was just wondering about how the food changes the poop, and what are your experiences with different foods, at the moment my two dogs, a border collie and a sproodle are both on Kirkland own brand kibble, the border collie poops 2-3 times a day but the consistency changes through out the day, in the morning it is firm but as the day goes on it gets softer. My sproodle only poops once a day and it it big, I mean a two bag job, the consistency of it changes through out the poop. I have checked with the vet and she seems fine, wondering what your experiences are with different foods, how does it change the consistency, size and how often they go, many thanks for your help.

·
Super Moderator
4,892 Posts
Generally the more filler in the food (maize, cereals) the less is used as nourishment and the more is pooed out. I'm in the uk so I don't know the brand you mention, what are the first few things listed in the ingredients?

·
Registered
226 Posts
My dog is raw fed so doesn't do large poos - though he still goes a few times a day, which I think is 'just him'. His morning poos are firm and his afternoon poos much softer - the morning ones have had overnight to 'cook', with much of the moisture in them being reabsorbed, whereas the afternoon ones will have worked through his system much more quickly.

His poos were always dreadful when he was on kibble, even the grain-free ones. More came out than went in, I'm sure!

·
Registered
2 Posts
YA nashel interesnuyu informatsiyu, vozmozhno i vam eto budet polezno. CHTO NEL'ZYA DAVAT' NIKOGDA SOBAKE Solenuyu, zhirnuyu, kopchenuyu, perchenuyu, zharenuyu pishchu Supy, bul'ony, makarony, kashu na bul'onakh Mannuyu krupu , ovsyanku, perlovku , gerkules (zasoryayet anal'nyye zhelezy) Detskoye pitaniye (soderzhit mnogo krakhmala) Sladkoye (v t.ch. shokolad i procheye) Mayonez i prochiye sousy i pripravy, spetsii, uksus Lyubyye alkogol'nyye napitki, gazirovannyye i prochiye sladkiye napitki Sladkiye yogurty Zhirnyy syr, rassol'nyye syry, kopchonyye syry Kopchenosti, marinovannoye myaso, kolbasnyye i myasnyye izdeliya Presnovodnuyu rybu , vyalonuyu ili kopchonuyu rybu, ikru Nel'zya svininu, salo Belok kurinogo yaytsa Orekhi, semechki, bobovyye Tsitrusovyye, ekzoticheskiye frukty i ovoshchi Tomaty, kartofel', luk, chesnok, kapustu Khleb, testo Goryachuyu i zamorozhennuyu pishchu Smeshivat' sukhiye korma raznykh firm mezhdu soboy Smeshivat' sukhiye korma i obychnyy korm (myaso, ovoshchi…)
Развернуть
903/5000

I found interesting information, maybe it will be useful to you.
WHAT IT IS NEVER GIVE TO A DOG
Salty, fatty, smoked, peppered, fried foods
Soups, broths, pasta, porridge on broths
Semolina, oatmeal, barley, oatmeal (clogs the anal glands)
Baby food (contains a lot of starch)
Sweet (including chocolate and other)
Mayonnaise and other sauces and seasonings, spices, vinegar
Any alcoholic drinks, carbonated and other sweet drinks
Sweet yogurts
Fat cheese, pickled cheeses, smoked cheeses
Smoked meats, pickled meat, sausages and meat products
Freshwater fish, stockfish or smoked fish, caviar
No pork, fat
Chicken Egg Protein
Nuts, Seeds, Beans
Citrus, exotic fruits and vegetables
Tomatoes, potatoes, onions, garlic, cabbage
Bread, dough
Hot and Frozen Food
Mix dry feeds of different companies among themselves
Mix dry food and regular food (meat, vegetables ...)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts