Dog Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Somebody on a *dog* forum has to have some pretty misled readers to convince them that they don't spoil their dog. So, in what silly ways do you spoil your dog? I bought my dog the Giant Dog crate instead of Large even though she's a lab, just because I thought she wanted some more space ;), same thing with a bed (she takes up about half of it.)

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Ha! Nyla's picture should come up in the dictionary when you look up the meaning of "spoiled".

She gets the best food our money can buy, and on top of that I make her homemade stuff to give her special meals and a good variety.

She gets a ton of hugs, cuddles and kisses all day long and our weekends revolve around "what can we do that's fun for Nyla".

She takes up as much space as a human on our bed, yet me and hubby sleep around her and are careful when we turn as not to disturb "the puppy".

She gets new toys everytime I go to the store-even if I'm not going there for toys and I've probably spent a good $500 on just toys in the last 6mths because a toy makes her SO happy.

We take special trips to the beach, playdates, parks even though I'm not an outdoorsy type of person but hey- it's for Nyla!

I've got over 3000 pics of her on my external and I've only had her for 6 and a half months.

She gets her ears and teeth cleaned on a regular basis, paw pads conditioned, brushed, bathed, nails trimmed- new collars, new tags, new leashes...

She's so spoiled that she throws husky tantrums when she's told no sometimes because no is not in her vocabulary.

We try to find a way to bring her where ever we go just because it's fun for her, even though it may limit us...

She's my profile picture on my BBM, Whatsapp and Skype and my background on my phone. I also routinely email pics of her on her outings to everyone I know...lol

She regulary demands belly rubs by rolling over and doing husky noises until you do it.

She's sleeping on my hand right now as I'm typing this so I'm typing with one hand so I don't wake her up.

I'm sure I'm leaving out some stuff but yea....she's spoiled rotten.

Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I do the material things for both of my dogs. Food, beds, accessories etc., but the biggest way I spoil them is with my time. When Weezie was younger she was my road trip buddy whenever possible. She has had her fair share of hotel vacations, family functions and just general being around me time. I use to always take her to my classroom where my students adored her and she thrived on sitting on their laps, roaming the halls of my school when it was only the teachers around. She knew exactly where my room was and would dart down the hall to visit and then come right back to my classroom. As she has gotten older, her activity level has descreased and now it's a different kind of spoiling. She has her spot snuggled up next to me as I watch TV. She has beds all around the house so she can be close to me if she chooses. The extra bit of TLC she gets before I go to bed brings out her crazy frog face smile (She is a Boston Terrier) I think that is more valuable than anything I could possibly buy her.
Luna is my outdoor partner. Everything outdoorsy it is Luna time. People even remark around town if she is not with me, "Where's Luna?" She gets so much of my free time and I'm perfectly fine with that. I love that she is so unique and gets so much attention from other people when we are out on our adventures. Watching her progress over the 3 years I've had her has been such a valuable life lesson. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Well, let's see how spoiled Guinness is.
She just got a futon as her bed. That's right, it's hers.
I spend more money on her groceries than my own.
Her bone collection looks like an elephant graveyard.
In the short time I've had her, I have way more pictures of her than anything (besides Sofie)
Her crate is decked out for her comfort.
She gets the most attention in the household.
I sort my schedule around her.
My grandparents ask how she's doing before they ask how my boyfriend's doing lol.
And when she sleeps on my bed I adjust myself around her.

041.jpg

089.jpg

·
Registered
10,646 Posts
I cook for him.

I've kept his old, worn out, ragged, dog beds because he prefers them and will not use the new beds I've bought him. Even though I've struck out with new dog beds I'm still planning to try again.

I go out in the yard with him when it's raining to shelter him with an umbrella while he tries to find the perfect place to potty.

If I have an ache or pain I usually stick it out and refuse to go to the dr because I hate the bill, if he has an ache or pain, I'm watching him like a hawk with the vets number out and ready to be called if he doesn't stop hurting in a day or two.

He's a shedding monster that doesn't like baths, so back when he was able to get on the couch I simply kept it covered with a sheet so he could get on it without my worrying about it being reupholstered in hair and sand.

Rather then wake him up and make him move I step around him, I've also slid him away from doors without having him wake up.

I get out and mow the part of the yard that he uses the most, even when the weather is in the mid 90's during the "coolest" part of the day, because he no longer likes high grass.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Buster gets kisses and cuddles all day long, as soon as you touch the side of his tummy he rolls over and gets you to rub his belly.

I always try to think of cool outdoorsy things we can do together, like visiting country parks, hiking, walking trails etc, stuff I would probably never do without him but he loves being out roaming free in the countryside so much its worth it!!

He gets so many toys/treats everytime I got to Pets At Home I always without fail come back with at least 5 things for him.

I'm constantly researching better ways to improve his quality of life (although he's pretty much got the best life ever :p)

Got him a cage thats much to big for him to give him plenty of space, hes got the comfiest bedding and blankets in his cage.

He's just a spoiled puppy :)

·
Registered
811 Posts
Wally, my yorkie, is such a finiky eater that I sometimes pretend to "eat" his dog food just so he will eat it. (He only likes to eat what we are eating!) I have also been known to feed him out of my hand, holding chunks of canned dog food. And when he was sick and had to take meds, I had to go to several places in town just to find the "right" kind of pill pocket which is the beef flavor because Wally does not like the chicken or other flavors. Yeah.....you know whose boss at my house!!

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
I blog about her...nuff said. ;)

·
Registered
12,336 Posts
I think the question should be, "How do you not spoil your dogs?" And even that, I cannot answer. :)

Actually, one way I don't is that the girls sleep in crates for their safety because Champ is loose/on my bed. However, the near future will see us trying to get Champ comfortable in a crate overnight, so that I can rotate everyone....

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
They have full run of the house and furniture.
They sleep wherever they want.
I cook for them.
I have a kiddie pool in the back yard in the summer for them.

I listen to them more than they listen to me.

·
Registered
12,336 Posts
Exhibit 1:
Last night:
I am sitting in the middle of my sofa.
To my left, an empty cushion.
To my right, my textbook, cell, remote, water, etc. on the cushion.
Champ decides he wants to lay on the right cushion and proceeds to nose my book and lay his chin on the cushion... staring at me.
I try to convince him that the left cushion is available and just as cozy.
He isn't budging. Still staring, chin on cushion.
I move all of my stuff to the left cushion.
He gets up and lays down on my right.
=Spoiled.

(This happens... errr... frequently. What can I say? I can't resist my brat's wants and needs.)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts