Dog Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
For some people, raising dogs is extremely important to hold out a number of the tasks required of them, et al. consider it a hobby in raising dogs. But the matter that those that keep dogs fall under is that the lack of sufficient experience to affect dogs, which causes difficulties with the dog or the way it performs the tasks required of it. Some breeders use proven methods to form dogs more ferocious and brave to hold out the tasks required of them of hunting, guarding, searching, and various other tasks. Fierce dog owners must learn ways to form the dog more submissive to his owner and to not rebel against him. And all breeders should start training fierce dogs from a young age so that the breeder can control it and teach him what he wants.

·
Registered
71 Posts
"Provoking the dog: This matter is one among the primary ways to detect and strengthen the ferocity of the dog, and it's by making an individual from friends or strangers to harass the dog by screaming at him or trying to hit him, and here the dog must release his pent-up ferocity, and with it, the dog’s personality is strengthened and made more ferocious. it's better to diversify people with this training, because it strengthens the dog greatly, and during this case, it's going to have cut quite 70% to be more ferocious and powerful."

This is not okay

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Provoking the dog: This matter is one among the primary ways to detect and strengthen the ferocity of the dog, and it's by making an individual from friends or strangers to harass the dog by screaming at him or trying to hit him, and here the dog must release his pent-up ferocity, and with it, the dog’s personality is strengthened and made more ferocious. it's better to diversify people with this training, because it strengthens the dog greatly, and during this case, it's going to have cut quite 70% to be more ferocious and powerful."
From my point of view, I think that your dog should be placed in situations like this to know the strength of your dog

·
Registered
115 Posts
It's not okay. That dog isn't strong or brave, the dog has been pushed past uncomfortable into the scared into a scenario where the dog feels the need to flight or fight and if he or she can't run, it will fight. This ruins your bond with your dog and makes him afraid of you. Submissive is just afraid and broken. Confidence if made from positive experiences, not one where the dog is put into a bad situation but comes unscathed because it got pushed past the limits of rational reasoning. This emotional and mental abuse to your dog. A strong personality would be calm and adaptable, not furious, and trying to fight any person or dog who comes near it! A dog is most confident when they are comfortable in their surroundings. Also, don't you get me started and all of that hunting dogs need to be submissive crap because I never once did any of that to my German Pointer when I was trying her in agility or just in general. In fact, I think doing any of those things would have ruined her trust and me as well as ruined a great dog who even to this day, is still teaching me so much.

·
Registered
71 Posts
From my point of view, I think that your dog should be placed in situations like this to know the strength of your dog
Your method to make the dog aggressive is to reward it whenever it is fearful, bothered, and overwhelmed. This does not teach the dog that it should defend you, it teaches it to continue to be fearful of the world and possibly fearful of you, if you force it to 'submit' to you.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Exactly. Why would the dog defend you if you aren't defending him when people are threatening and starting him? A partnership is not a partnership if you demand so much but give back so little. It sounds like the dog gets nothing but food and anger from the people around him and the person he is supposed to bond to doesn't even stand for him but instead makes him believe that the world is a bad and unsafe place where everyone In it for themselves and he needs to act all big and bad or else the people will hurt him.

·
Super Moderator
2,438 Posts
Ok, I'm going to remove the link because (a) it's actually against forum rules to link to your own website @My Dogs Cute but more importantly (b) this is very poor advice.

Please continue to use the forum, just don't post links to that site. Hopefully you will learn more about training and behaviour and how it can be achieved without old fashioned and intimidating methods.

·
Super Moderator
185 Posts
Poor dogs. :(

Do that to the wrong dog (or tell other people to do that to the wrong dog), and someone's going to be attacked. Badly.

Anyone screamed at, or tried to hit any of my dogs, I'd do exactly the same back to them. :mad:

·
Registered
774 Posts
Poor dogs. :(

Anyone screamed at, or tried to hit any of my dogs, I'd do exactly the same back to them. :mad:
I did today..A guy came towards us on a bike , he was yelling something at his wife. As he passed making a noise Murphy barked at him ..no lunging but he did bark and the guy literally screamed like a demonic psycho really throaty angry screaming.
Of course this confirmed Murphys thoughts that the man was a mad axe murderer and he then barked more...

I told the man that he was a total idiot and a b****y fool..

We have worked daily on keeping Murphy calm with passing bikes scooters mobilty scooters and skateboards all for one stupid fool to put us back to step one again.

·
Super Moderator
2,438 Posts
Sorry to hear that, I hope Murphy realises he doesn't have to bark at all bikers because of one idiot.

·
Super Moderator
185 Posts
I did today..A guy came towards us on a bike , he was yelling something at his wife. As he passed making a noise Murphy barked at him ..no lunging but he did bark and the guy literally screamed like a demonic phsyco, really throaty angry screaming.
Of course this confirmed Murphys thoughts that the man was a mad axe murderer and he then barked more...

I told the man that he was a total idiot and a b****y fool..

We have worked daily on keeping Murphy calm with passing bikes scooters mobilty scooters and skateboards all for one stupid fool to put us back to step one again.
Sounds like a charming gentleman and a thoroughly decent bloke. . . :oops::eek::rolleyes: #sarcasm

Hope you and Murphy are OK.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts