Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find any female pitbulls being walked, should I go to the dog training club with the intention of finding my dog a girlfriend? I can't seem to register on the only dog breeding site on the face of the planet, I don't think asking if anyone here is in the orlando fl area would help either. He's past middle aged and probably has an iq 2-3 sds above the norm and I don't want there to just be one of him, he has the best demeanor out of any dog ive met.

·
Registered
327 Posts
It doesn’t sound like you know too much about breeding. Only people who are responsible and serious should breed. The dog needs to be healthy (both mentally and physically), registered and have health documentation on their family etc. Its likely that the puppies will get both mental problems and health problems when you breed without knowing what you’re doing. It’s also very likely that they end up in the shelter or getting euthanized. There’s no room for irresponsible breeding.

Just because your dog has a good personality doesn’t mean that it’s a good dog to breed, breeding is way more complicated than that. Why do you want to breed him? To say that it is due to his good demeanor is not enough. He needs to be tested for diseases and defects, as well as multiple generations before him.

·
Registered
269 Posts
@SunFlower has given really good advice. if I could have one tip I would say go to a local shelter take a good look at how many pits and staffs are there and then ask yourself do I want to be part of the solution or do I want to be part of the problem? Because chances are if you breed your dog ad lib you are going to be adding to that problem.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Here are some videos that show the problem and the result of irresponsible breeding.

And this from 07:25

I just want to make a disclaimer that I don’t agree with that you need to spay or neuter your dogs, you just don’t need to breed them. But aside from that, these clips demonstrate the problem pretty well. It’s really disgusting. Do you want to contribute to this?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Being a great character having a good temperament it's just not enough. Murphy is loving , gentle, caring, fun and one of the rarest breeds of dogs in the world and yet I would not breed from him firstly he has generalized anxiety which is a fault in his breed and secondly I would not know where those puppies went or how they would end up and I do not want to add to the shelter population .

No matter how great you think your dog is unless you really know what you are doing and are prepared to put your life and soul into making sure that the breeding process is done properly it is wrong to even start.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts