Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody! I'm new to dog forum, but I wanted to start a thread asking about puppy blues A.K.A PPD (Post Puppy Depression). I had been preparing to get a dog for almost 2 years! Looking at different breeds, and tips for training and researching EVERYTHING. I first wanted a Welsh Terrier and then a Eurasier and THEN a Rough Collie until I finally decided I wanted a German Shepherd. I prepared everything, buying supplies, making room, puppy-proofing. Then the day came that I went to pick her up I was so scared and excited. I had second last pick between Lola and her sister. After choosing her I was driving home petting her (she fell asleep) :p then I got this overwhelming sadness I kept thinkin "why didn't I pick her sister?" and "I picked the wrong puppy didn't I?" *facepalm* etc. then the first day with her home I realized how all of those 2 years of research were NOTHING compared to the real thing and for no reason at all I burst into tears cleaning her pee and the first couple nights were AWFUL Me and my mom were up all night playing with her so she would go to sleep. And for the first 2-3 weeks I was so depressed thinking how much better life was without her then the feeling started to wane and then she started to grow on me but every now and then I feel depressed again. Don't get me wrong, I really love her but I still feel this way and I can't help it and I feel guilty about it. If anyone has any advice or If anyone ever feels the same please reply!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.