Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Hopefully I've posted this in the right category?...I was wondering how you guys first introduced water/bath time to your pups. Unfortunately, I didn't do a good job with my first dog so he's TERRIFIED when I bathe him (he puts up with it but he HATES it) but luckily he's not the type to roll in stinky stuff so I probably only bathe him once a year.

My pitbull pup doesn't really need a bath right now either, plus bully types tend to have more sensitive skin so I don't want to bathe her if I don't have to. That being said, the sooner I can introduce her to water/bath time, the easier it will be when shes older (bigger/stronger/more stubborn) when I do have to bathe her.

I've read that the process is gradual...bring her into the bathroom, then with water running in the background, bring some treats or kibble into the tub (with no water) and let her sit in it, then add a little bit of water and just wet her paws...and slowly work my way up to wetting her whole body.

Any tips or tricks that worked? Is there a sticky somewhere on how to bath your dog?

Thanks!

Yoshi

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1 - 3 of 3 Posts