Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine told me the story of an old Indian legend on why dogs are so close to humans.

He said when God was in the process of separating the Man from the Beasts of the earth at the last possible moment before that final divide the Dog jumped over to join with Man.
What story have you heard??

·
Registered
181 Posts
In Archeology class we learned that wild canines started following humans to eat the remains of the hunts that humans tossed away, and little by little the dogs started joining in the hunts until they became man's best friend.

Probably not the answer you were looking for, lol

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
In Archeology class we learned that wild canines started following humans to eat the remains of the hunts that humans tossed away, and little by little the dogs started joining in the hunts until they became man's best friend.

Probably not the answer you were looking for, lol

I watched a fascinating documentary about this. A lot of people have this idea that humans went out and captured baby wolves and domesticated them, but this would have been nearly impossible because of the imprinting process for the wolf pups. Anyway, the garbage theory is about right according to the documentary. They also did an experiment with silver foxes where they bred them based soley on temperment and no physical traits. After only a few generations, the foxes began to have spotted coats and droopy ears. I wish I could remember what the documentary was called, it was on PBS.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
I watched a fascinating documentary about this. A lot of people have this idea that humans went out and captured baby wolves and domesticated them, but this would have been nearly impossible because of the imprinting process for the wolf pups. Anyway, the garbage theory is about right according to the documentary. They also did an experiment with silver foxes where they bred them based soley on temperment and no physical traits. After only a few generations, the foxes began to have spotted coats and droopy ears. I wish I could remember what the documentary was called, it was on PBS.

you talking about the russian farm fox experiment?:)

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
That`s true :D I have read this before

1 - 5 of 5 Posts