Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the U.K, the shelters are brimming, and still no government support.At one time we had a dog licence, but that was dropped due to the administration costs. One of the things, I was trying to do but the costs were prohibitive, a lot of charities are running their own lotteries, but you have to pay the government a gaming licence fee. I don't know how the States deal with this problem, but its not only dogs, the gypsy community here are dumping horses,. Why, can't people be more responsible, they don't say we can't afford a child and then dump it as if its rubbish. All animals feel loss and grief, I have been to the shelters, and seen their eyes full of pain asking for a chance. We have ministers in parliment, but no one to look out for all those unwanted strays, there must be an answer. Gemini

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
You will need large donors if you are talking about cost and getting financial support. Also like stated, working on informing everyone of adoption and where to go adopt helps a lot, as well as the benefits of adopting (spay/neuter, vaccines, whatever your local shelters provide).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts