Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two dogs. Both are finally house-trained. For the most part, they are great dogs.

When we leave the house for anything however, regardless of where we put them, they tear up items or escape. We put them in the garage to fix the escaping, but the destruction is continuing. We kennel the smallest one, but the larger dog still goes on the warpath.

This last time, she got into packages of Loc-Tite glue and chewed them apart. I'm glad she was ok, but she left glue everywhere, including on her fur.

I've put all the chemicals now at a high shelf she can't get to, but she can still destroy tens of thousands of dollars in items.

Any assistance would be insanely appreciated.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Invest in a strong quality kennel, kennel train the larger dog with lots of treats so the kennel is seen as a good place, invest in some frozen kongs filled with goodies to keep boredom at bay.
When I leave the house my dogs are in their kennels with no problems. I'm never gone too long, and when I return they are always safe and sound.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I bought two Kennels to keep them in and it's been working great. I tried the iced treats in the Kong, but my oldest stopped touching them altogether.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts