Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My puppy turned four months a week ago. The shelter told us he is a Schipperke mix but others suggest Belgian Shepherd or other dog breeds. I was wondering if anyone would be able to guess how big he would get when he is full sized?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
How much does he weigh now? The age and weight would give us a better guess at how big your pup will get.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much does he weigh now? The age and weight would give us a better guess at how big your pup will get.
Last time he weighed in he was 11 Ibs that was around a month ago. He hasn't grown too much since then so I believe he is still around there

·
Registered
149 Posts
With the naturally bobbed tail I am inclined towards schipperke too. Maybe mixed with something a bit more heavy boned. If he was 11 lbs at 3 months I would assume he would get to about 25-35 lbs full grown.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With the naturally bobbed tail I am inclined towards schipperke too. Maybe mixed with something a bit more heavy boned. If he was 11 lbs at 3 months I would assume he would get to about 25-35 lbs full grown.
His tail is not natural! It was docked

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hmmm, if by Belgian shepherd you mean the Groenendael variety then I'd lean more towards schipperke. I don't really see either one though. My Malinois was much larger at 4 months, and I think all of the Belgian shepherd breeds are a little stockier as puppies.

I see small, black, fluffy shepherd type that will stay fun sized. :D He seems to have golden retriever type fur.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'm no help with your puppy's adult size, but mixed breed dogs can vary widely in one litter. My puppy is about 55 pounds, but her brother is more than 70. Both are healthy, just very different sizes. If you know the sizes of the parents, that can help you make an accurate guess.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.