Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
concern*

my puppy is an 8 week old rottweiler. she has a veracious appetite and a distended belly to go with it. I'm concerned, but it's been a long time since I raised a puppy. other than her distended belly, she has no other signs of worms. when I bought her, she lived in a big kennel outside where she sadly contracted a bunch of ticks. she is below the growth curve, but only by a little. she is growing about 1 pound every 3 days. I called a vet tech to do a house call and he said she looked ok and that the pot belly was normal. I don't trust him though, but I am not sure if am being paranoid.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
For one thing, if you don't trust your vet find another one. A good vet is invaluable - learned that the hard way. :)

Has he been wormed at all? If not, there is a *very* high chance he has worms. I mean, astronomical.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the guy I bought her from said she had her first round of shots and was due again within the week. I didn't get a shot record from the guy though. she has had her second round of shots a few days ago and is scheduled for more in 2 weeks.

do you know if worm shots are standard for puppies?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
You need to take your puppy to the vet and have a fecal done. Most puppies do have worms, but you need to know which ones first to deworm for. The vet will give you a pill or liquid dewormed, not a shot. Those are vaccines. He or she will deworm for you right there at the visit. Get it done though, because some worms can be detrimental to a puppy and make them very sick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.