Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this is redundant question but I need help and my hubby is frustrated.

We got a rescue puppy when she was 8 weeks old she's a mixed breed. Maybe papillon terrier and Pekingese.

Any ways when we first got her she did great with potty training. Then about a month later she started in the house even though I was constantly taking her out and spending a lot of time outside. We started telling her no when she went inside but she is very very skittish when yelled at so I tried the treats worked for a bit. She goes first thing in the morning and some throughout the day. But when I turn my head I find a pile in the house or if my bedroom door stays open a puddle in my room.
Thankfully we have hardwood colors and tile throughout except for bedrooms.

Any suggestions on how to turn this around?

Sorry for the long post

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
There's a house training sticky at the top of this section with tons of good information.

The keys to successful house training are 1) preventing accidents which means constant supervision or confinement when you can't supervise and 2) establishing a habit of going in the appropriate place.

You might try tethering her to you so you always know where she is (so you don't turn your head to find an accident).

If she seems to be going more frequently than usual or going tiny amounts you may consider having her checked for a UTI. That is a common cause of house training accidents.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts