Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’ve got a 16-17 week old puppy named Remi. He’s a poodle lab shar pei. He’s crate trained and does great with that he never goes in his crate. He sleeps in there and is left in there for 3 hours 3 times a week. However when he’s out of the crate he will cry to go poop but not pee. He just stops what he’s doing stands up and pees no signals nothing, not even a sniff. I take him outside quite frequently every half hour to an hour and someone’s been home with him every day for 2 weeks now and he still pees in the house. He seems to have no remorse and has shown no progress in the weeks that we’ve had him. Sometimes I’ll take him out he will pee then 20 minutes later he goes in the house. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. (I’ve also tried rewarding him with treats every time he goes outside)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Make notes and make a schedule. House training a puppy involves doing what the DOG needs, not what is convenient for you.

If his schedule is 5 times a day then organize things so that someone walks him 5 times a day.

This is how to house train a puppy. Understand what the puppy needs and make it happen!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts