Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey yall, I just adopted a puppy from the pound the other day and am in the process of house training her. I'm crate training her and she does not mind her crate at all. She is getting the hang of peeing outside but she will not do the other outside. I stood outside with her for 30 minutes trying to get her to do her business and she didn't go so i brought her back in and not a minute later she squatted and did her business on the floor! i need help!!! thanks in advance..

Puppy info:
Hound mix approximately 3 months old named Dixie.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yep, the old house training blues. Time is the essence i believe and patience. Try this, Find a spot outside that you would like the dog to relieve itself, make sure its clear of anything that may annoy. take whatever it is that you have cleaned the previous accident? up with, tear it up and scatter it around the area you have chosen. Next morning first thing take pooch outside and watch, hope this helps!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Use pet stain and order remover to clean up accident spots in your house so there will be no trace for your dog to go back and you can try a pee-post. It's a scented plastic piece that you put in the ground to attract your dog. When you take her out, guide her to the post so she will get the smell of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts