Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have made great progress with our 8 month old german shepherd pup. But I have noticed the every chance she has that she is out of our sight she goes to the dining room and pees a line all the way around the table and under the table. This happens every day. No other accidents in the house, never does this in any other room. I thought it seemed like a lot of pee to be marking but could that be what she is doing? It happens so fast that I never catch her in the act so I don't know what to do about it. Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
437 Posts
Possibly. The easiest fix is probably to keep the door to that room closed, to try to break the habit.

Was she ever scolded for toileting indoors? Dogs can't tell the difference between you being cross at them for toileting, as opposed to toileting in the house so sometimes will seek or create opportunities to toilet in your absence. If she is particularly sensitive, even a sigh or an eye roll can be picked up.

Best thing to do is just clean up with an enzyme based cleaner to remove any trace of the scent, leave it down for ten minutes to work properly before you wipe it up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts