Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boyfriends 10 year old Keeshond is occasionally urinating when told to come eat. The food has not changed. He looks excited when I am preparing the food, but refuses to eat it when it is placed in his spot and then will urinate on the floor when told to come eat. If I leave it out, he will usually eat it hours and hours later without urinating on the floor. But, if I do that it attracts flies and could also go bad. (We make his food from scratch and it contains chicken.) Which is another reason we have feeding times for the cat and the dog at the same time.

This is not a constant occurrence. He moved in with us over 3 months ago and has settled nicely. However, my boyfriends mother took care of him for 2 years prior so we are not sure if that had something to do with it. This is the sixth time since moving in. Any ideas why this keeps happening?

·
Registered
911 Posts
He could be nervous or scared, that could cause him to pee. He could have some negative experience with some action or phrase you're using. As for actually eating, set the food out for a half an hour. If he doesn't eat pick it back up and try again tomorrow. I raw feed so I understand. You can't leave the food out. As long as your dog is healthy skipping a meal won't hurt him. Just put the food down without a fuss and wait.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.