Dog Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago I got a 1 year old, male, husky-shepherd from our local shelter. He didn't make messes in his kennel there, and he had been great after we got him home. But after a few weeks he started pooping in the house.
And it progressed from poop to diahrea. So I took him to the vet and he was treated for whipworm. But the potty problem hasn't stopped. He still poops in the house 2-3 times a day, and a lot of times It's right after we've taken him on long walks.
And 3 days ago he committed, and I'm used to that, but this time his vomit was brown and smelled like his stool, but stronger. I was concerned he had blockage and took him to the vet. They said the whipworm cleared and that he was pooping due to anxiety. They gave an antibiotic, antacid, nausea medicine, and something to keep him calm so he wouldn't poop in the house.
He did pretty well yesterday, but today he peed on the couch, so we took him out and he peed again and pooped. Then he pooped after about 10 minutes of being inside, and then peed on the kitchen chair.
He's been disciplined for going in the house, and he gets treats for going outside, but he just seems to be getting worse. I don't want to have to take him back to the shelter, but I live in an apartment with strict pet rules and the damage he keeps causing to the carpet may mean I'll have to.
Is there anything I can do to correct this problem? Could it be a medical problem or am I just training him wrong?

·
Registered
784 Posts
can you crate train him? so he can be crated only indoors, whilst you toilet train him again. If not in crate...
Only allow dog inside, when he's on leash, and you are 100% focused on him so as not to miss him sneaking a quick poop or pee. Are you praising him for going in right place? < sorry to ask, but sometimes this vital step gets missed.

Is he entire? could be marking if not?
and brown vomit is odd. vomit should smell of food, not poo.
brown vomit: was it like coffee grounds? which could indicate a bleed in bowel.

If he's pooping from nerves, then routine, double exercise and double his training.

2 working breeds crossed, perhaps he needs a job?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts