Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol, yeah when she packed on the tonnage after her thyroid failed, she started to lay like that. She also sits with both feet kicked out to the side. I have been working with her on some drills to loose some weight, but it is like fighting an uphill battle when a thyroid is involved.

·
Registered
620 Posts
If you come up with a way, please let me know! Scotty (sheltie) has thyroid issues AND he gets steroids every day because of his horrible itching. (Lots & lots and lots of tests, he still itches)

He's overweight by 17lbs and he's a slug. About as active as if he were 20. He'll be 7 in Dec.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thyroid issues are very common in Beagles. She is on 'thyrosyn' to help bring her T4 level back up. She actually got up to 35 lbs before we were able to stabilize her. I would even have to help her up on the couch. Cleo actually offsets Missy right now though. Missy got down to 17 lbs with the Parvo and Flu hitting her at back to back.

Sheltiemama have you had your vet run a T4 test on your little guy. The medication for Cleo is only about 25 bucks for 90 days supply and does wonders. The Vet will need to run a test to see the level needed for your guy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts