Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog had hookworms, but she is on the mend. Will her having had worms make her smaller than she would have been otherwise? She is a little ball of lightning in the shape of a American Pit Bull Terrier, if that helps. Thanks a mint

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
I'm not sure-I think different worms have different effects. Stomach worms can distend tummies and cause malnourishment. If I'm not mistaken, hookworms are skin parasites?

At any rate I'm glad your dog is on the mend!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm not sure-I think different worms have different effects. Stomach worms can distend tummies and cause malnourishment. If I'm not mistaken, hookworms are skin parasites?

At any rate I'm glad your dog is on the mend!

Mikey, I believe you are speaking of ring worm. The hook worm is actually an intestinal parasite. What makes it dangerous is that it will cause the dog to be anemic. And thus sickly and lethargic. Those mean blood suckers!

So to answer the original question, I don't think it would affect the growth too severely, unless it was a severe long term infestation. The poor pup needs a lot of blood to aid in his growth, but you have treated it, so you pup should be fine. :)

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Mikey, I believe you are speaking of ring worm.
Awwww your too right!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts