57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
DOG FOOD RECIPE 45 lb dog gets / day - add water to make it soupy
24 oz boiled sweet peas puree
4 oz baked ground turkey puree
2 oz canned salmon (already cooked) mini muffin pan 1 can divided into 21
add water freeze, she get 3 cubes/day spread out in meals
2 eggs scrambled in olive oil and chopped finely with spatula
1 teaspoon bone daily (do not give with medication, can decrease med effectiveness)
GNC/Pets- Digestive Health Complex with each meal, discontinued at Pet Smart
TREATS- Raw baby carrot, apple slice (no seeds)
MEDICATION- Apoquel tab from Vet, low side effects, takes place of Prednisone
I have been working on her allergies for 6 years. I had started resenting her and feeling like she was a lifetime sentence. I got rid of the food processor because it took forever and got a refurbished Blendtec blender. It works very fast and I don't have to take it apart for every serving. Now, she is like a new dog. Her pink skin is white, growing fur on belly and elbows for the first time. Stopped chewing paws. Soft and thick coat. Check with your vet.

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
My girl will LOVE these! :)
That recipe is not nutritionally complete. If you decide to just feed that to your dog please add a vitamin supplement to fill in any missing nutrients.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
The only thing that helps my GSD with her allergies is a raw diet. We follow prey model raw, which is 80% muscle, 10% bone and 10% organ. When varying the protein, it is nutritionally complete. I add eggs a couple times a week and feed at least one fish meal per week for all the good fatty acids.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
DOG FOOD RECIPE 45 lb dog gets / day - add water to make it soupy
24 oz boiled sweet peas puree
4 oz baked ground turkey puree
2 oz canned salmon (already cooked) mini muffin pan 1 can divided into 21
add water freeze, she get 3 cubes/day spread out in meals
2 eggs scrambled in olive oil and chopped finely with spatula
1 teaspoon bone daily (do not give with medication, can decrease med effectiveness)
GNC/Pets- Digestive Health Complex with each meal, discontinued at Pet Smart
TREATS- Raw baby carrot, apple slice (no seeds)
MEDICATION- Apoquel tab from Vet, low side effects, takes place of Prednisone
I have been working on her allergies for 6 years. I had started resenting her and feeling like she was a lifetime sentence. I got rid of the food processor because it took forever and got a refurbished Blendtec blender. It works very fast and I don't have to take it apart for every serving. Now, she is like a new dog. Her pink skin is white, growing fur on belly and elbows for the first time. Stopped chewing paws. Soft and thick coat. Check with your vet.
Pet Smart has started carrying the digestive enzymes again. I started giving her "Pet Form" vitamin/mineral supplement from the vet a few weeks ago. Started with 1/2 tab week 1, 1/2 tab twice a day week 2, 1/2 tab three times a day week three and she will stay at that dose. So far, so good. She has been on the Apoquel about 4 months and it made a lot of difference. I think she keeps getting better on it. She took 16 mg for 8 days, then, 8 mg since. It is the height of the pollen season and she is doing great. Also, I got a robot vacuum cleaner and run it everyday. It has helped everybody (including her and the bird) in my household. Dirt, dander the whole lot. Check out how much dog hair it picked up. Roomba vs Botvac Review Photos 01/28/15 • Robot Reviews

1 - 5 of 5 Posts