Dog Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
That happened here a few years ago-I actually pitched my lunch when I heard. The dog went to the vet for a normal check up and was euthed (Clerk's fault-another golden was coming in to be euthed for old age that day) HOWEVER -I mean if you were euthing a dog-would you not discuss with the owner and ask if they want to be there? THen you could have avoided the mixup.

I'd absolutely go batpoop nutz if that happened to me-don't think I could deal with such an unexpected and unnecessary death :(

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
i'm pretty sure that someone would be seriously injured in the very least if that happened to any one of my babies!!!!!! i can already feel myself going bolistic just thinking about it happening to someone else....i'm sure they said sorry too........ooooh i don't even have words anymore....

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
It's humane at least-we know the pet wasn't tortured or something. But it's just so shocking.

I think all our thoughts are with this family tonight -hopefully they can find peace :(

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They mixed the dog up with another one...they hadn't even had the dogs all day. The law here right now is 72 hours then strays are euthanized. :( sad world we live in right now. I think it used to be 7 days then they went up for adoption.

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They took full responsibility, said its being investigated to find out where and who messed it up (dog had a chip too so they could actually identify the body down to the t) they also gave her a new puppy. She seemed pretty calm on TV, I hope she gets something more out of it, I would be a pain in the rear, I understand its busy and packed but that is my child.

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
They took full responsibility, said its being investigated to find out where and who messed it up (dog had a chip too so they could actually identify the body down to the t) they also gave her a new puppy. She seemed pretty calm on TV, I hope she gets something more out of it, I would be a pain in the rear, I understand its busy and packed but that is my child.
in my case, that is putting it very mildly.....you read my earlier post...
i don't think there is anything that they could give me:ponder:..you know what i mean...

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
I would be absolutely hysterical . When Scooter died I was destroyed inside...and I knew that it was coming for a day or so...can you imagine being blindsided with a sudden death?

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well yea I could throw a few words out there on how I would be feeling and who would be punched and sued LOL had to keep it clean ;) My dogs are my life...so are my cats and my ferrets...I even cried and got upset when i thought I had to get rid of my snake.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts