Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined up here a little while ago, however, I tend to be picky when it comes to forums and I have to set up my profile before I even post. But I'm glad I'm here now, and hopefully I'll be able to find my feet around here quickly.

Little info about me. My name is Amy, I'm from a hot little country called Australia (I'm sure most of you have heard of it) and I have a wacky sense of humor about 98% of the time.

I haven't yet got my puppy, but he will be arriving in just 3 weeks, and I'm a nervous wreck. Ori is a Golden Retriever, and he was born on Thanksgiving. Which, strangely, most of my precious furbabies seem to do - arrive in the world on holidays/days of significance.

My cat was born on Christmas Day 2003, and my last pup was born September 11th 2007. (Sadly, he's no long with us.)

Ori stands for "my light" in Hebrew. Due to him being born on Thanksgiving, his color, and the fact he's my first pure pup, plus my first Golden, and my being of Jewish heritage and conversion, it seemed to fit. Much more than the initial name I had picked out of "Pikelet". (For those who don't know, it's a small pancake in Australia) I don't know why I chose that name, it just came to me one day and I knew it wasn't going to stick. Plus, with the name's meaning, it just didn't feel nice. Lol. So Ori it is.

Well, that's pretty much me in a nutshell. Though I have a few other quirky qualities. Oh, word of warning, also; I tend to be those types of animal lovers (mainly dogs) who believe they're smarter than humans. Which, if you look at a few of the experiences I'm sure we've all had with our best friends/family members, I don't think very many here will disagree. Lol. I still think it's fair to warn also, though. I'm just very protective of a dog's nature and loyalty.

Anyways, I'll shut up now and just paddle around here for a smidgen and get my feet wet. :dog-crazy:

Hehe. These dog smilies are so cute.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Welcome! Im new here too and hope to see you around! I think Ori is a great name and can't wait to see pics!

Cheers!
GeorgieGirl

1 - 3 of 3 Posts