Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all. This is my new baby, Kona. She's fully grown, 4&1/2 years old. She weighs about 55 lbs, and stands about 22" at her withers.
The shelter just said she's a pit mix, which here in the States means anything resembling the American Pit mixed with the unknown. She is my 4th baby in recent years and my 3rd rescue. My other rescues have been
2020-03-21 14.47.12.jpg
2020-03-21 14.48.18.jpg
2020-03-21 14.50.02.jpg
a rotty and a pit/lab/Shar Pei mix. My 3rd baby was a rotty who I purchased from a breeder friend. I train all my own dogs, and have had great success with these headstrong breeds. (Yess, I know a mix isn't a breed. I'm referring to the dominant pit mentality in those 2 dogs. ?) Anyhow, that's a little history.
Here's a couple pix of Kona. Any ideas what her mix might be, based on appearance? Thanks y'all. I look forward to hearing from you! ?
(Hard to catch her standing, but I'll work on it.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS - - a couple of friends have suggested Belgian Malinois; personally, seeing her in action, I'm thinking some blend of boxer. ???

·
Super Moderator
1,600 Posts
The darkening in her muzzle is the only thing I'd say looked malinois, so that's not really much to pitch into the debate. But she looks very sweet, I hope you will share more of her journey and your experiences.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The darkening in her muzzle is the only thing I'd say looked malinois, so that's not really much to pitch into the debate. But she looks very sweet, I hope you will share more of her journey and your experiences.
Hi JoanneF, and thank you. I tend to agree with you, even tho all her toes are white, as is her chest. And yes she is super sweet, in spite of what she suffered in her past life. She's figuring out that it's OK to trust someone, and she loves playtime nearly as much as meals and sleep and treats! Lol! Visitors are another matter, she's trying to be protective of me and very vocal about her distrust of them. She does eventually settle down and even plays a little with a couple of my friends now. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts