Dog Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She is now a year and a few months!!! She has a blocky chest and a pink nose which makes me think she might be mixed with some type of pitbull however the person we got her from said she was mixed with a red heeler which indont see in her much!
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Grey Companion dog

Dog Carnivore Working animal Floor Flooring

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Grey Companion dog

Dog Carnivore Working animal Whiskers Dog breed

Dog Blue Hood Carnivore Working animal

Dog Working animal Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Wood Floor

Dog Eye Dog breed Liver Carnivore

·
Registered
431 Posts
The red healer could just be a pinch, and she is actually several things most likely.

Pink noses can occur from several things. Loss or less pigment, not uncommon in genetically red/chocolate/liver dogs, occurs semi-frequently in +16 breeds (one of which is heelers), weather, gene expression, enzyme breakdown, age to a degree. As long as the skin and nose is healthy, usually not a cause for concern.

Just about any mixed breed with short hair and a blocky head are labeled as pitties or mixes by someone at some point. Hounds, labs, goldens, bulldogs, boxers, large breeds, an aussie mix I met--all mixes of these types tend to be labeled as pitties. And whatever her mix, a bully breed wouldn't be in my top 10 guesses.

You seem alarmed for some reason?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The red healer could just be a pinch, and she is actually several things most likely.

Pink noses can occur from several things. Loss or less pigment, not uncommon in genetically red/chocolate/liver dogs, occurs semi-frequently in +16 breeds (one of which is heelers), weather, gene expression, enzyme breakdown, age to a degree. As long as the skin and nose is healthy, usually not a cause for concern.

Just about any mixed breed with short hair and a blocky head are labeled as pitties or mixes by someone at some point. Hounds, labs, goldens, bulldogs, boxers, large breeds, an aussie mix I met--all mixes of these types tend to be labeled as pitties. And whatever her mix, a bully breed wouldn't be in my top 10 guesses.

You seem alarmed for some reason?
not alarmed!! we’ve just been so curious as to what she could be mixed with!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts