Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I used to have a dog training business many years ago, but basically got out of everything when my beloved dog died at age 15. :( That was back around 1998.

So, now I have an 8 (almost 9) year old son and we just adopted a dog. I've always enjoyed training, but I think I enjoy it now as I notice I've developed a much more 'balanced' approach. I made some mistakes of being too hard and overbearing when I was younger. I want to teach my kid about dog ownership and give him something healthy to get involved in. Something outside of computer games and electronics :p He's homeschooled, btw.

Our new dog is some kind of Spaniel mix, probably. I've been told Brittany... but her head is different. I did notice that her head looks pretty close to certain Setters. Whatever, she's most likely a mixed breed. She'll be 2 in March (my son's birthday is also March).

Attachments

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Training has changed a lot since 1989. You might enjoy this training. Clicker training is the quickest and most fun way to train. Kikopup can help you train your dog. Start hear.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wv1uvvqaSw
She has many training videos to teach a variety of tricks or maybe eliminate things you don't like. She is a great teacher. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Will second the above; you'll finds lots great training links through the 'stickies' too. Or just ask 'how do I teach 'x'" and you will get plenty of answers.

What a gorgeous dog you have!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts