Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HI! Newbie looking for new rescue toy help

2K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  firefox497 
Hi! My name is Josh, and I am very soon going to be the proud parent of the most adorable 8 month old Pit Bull rescue. Nice being on the site. I still have a few days until his homecoming, but I was wanting to get advice and opinions on his welcome home presents? So far I have a large Serta dog bed/couch (spoiled already, I know), an extra large/strong Mammoth dental rope, extra large water bowl, large food bowl, and matching nylon leash and collar with engraved tag. Going to pick up a large kong later. What are your thoughts wonderful people? It did feel kinda hard looking for toys that would be strong enough to survive him when he is older. Most I found were for working and toy dogs.
Is he home by now?
What my rescue AmStaff mix loved: squeaky ball! And, what she also absolutely adores is a green pig with blue polka dots that has a squeaker which is sounding like a pig!
She is not nearly 9 month old, have had her for 3 months and made it through 10 (if I remember correctly) soft/plush toys, she just loves to rip them apart.

Also, in regards to the dog bed. Don't use it at first, at least as long as you're not sure about him being totally housebroken in your house/apartment. It would be sad to have it messed up. Our girl also tried to take her bed apart in the beginning, so she now has 2 old blankets for her crate (which she doesn't eat and are washed more easily) and the dog bed for the kitchen area (she sleeps in her crate in our room, she is not 100% house broken yet).

Enjoy this guy and make sure to post some pictures! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.