Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I'm LilyandPistol- same as my Horse Forum username.
I came here because I am looking for some advice on a half feral dog, but I will post that in its appropriate place.
Anywho, my real (first) name is Lily. I have three horses who live next door (to me and my parent's house) with my grandparents (their names are Pistol, Dixie, and Maverick). I go out after school every day to check on them. I also have a dog and cat (Daisy and Kitty) and my grandparents have four dogs (Barnabas/Barney, Otis, Patch, Herhsey, and until recently Bolt- RIP sweet baby) and a cat (Kitty Cat). I love them like my own (since I stay down at their house a lot with the horses). The dog I mentioned earlier (Barney) is one of the dogs at my grandparent's house.
If you can't tell, I love animals. I aspire to be a veterinarian when I am older (for domestic animals/livestock, preferably). I try to study about them as much as I can (I'm probably the only person in my direct family that actually knows what the Hennek scale is).
I am also an Alabama football fan, though I'm a Georgian. I like The Legend of Zelda, Harry Potter, Criminal Minds, Once Upon a Time, and Animal Cops Houston- that's the only shows/movies/video games I really like (I like the HP books too). I do like to read fiction when it's a good book. I am a Christian.
If you have any similar interests as me, let meh know! LOL.
So that's a little about me! :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Haha HF a little too full of misinformation-slinging, self-righteous, opinionated people? Only reason why I left... too many people there were so rude and ignorant, yet determined to pass off theories and their opinions as actual fact.

Welcome to the Dog Forum. So far it's much more friendly and welcoming than the equine counterpart. I'm no dog professional, but I dabble in various aspects of canines and their ownership and training. I look forward to reading about your semi-feral pup.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I love the nicer people on HF but it can be a bit of a handful. Especially when you're a minor asking for advice- they don't seem to understand that you aren't in charge as a teen.
I love HF and my select friends on it though.

If you're interested in the half-feral dog, feel free to check out my thread "Spooky Dog" under the dog training(? I think that's the name; I'm still new here so I don't have the sub-forum names down pat yet) sub-forum.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Welcome! Just gotta say this: Roll Tide! :D
I'm currently raising my pup in the Crimson area, so if you have any questions about the dog culture here (or any college questions in general) I'd love to answer them. I'm not sure how soon you'll be in college or if you plan on having a dog (or if you even plan on coming here) but it was a big shocker to me when I brought my dog here.
I feel like I'm pretty young compared to most of the members here, but I know of some that are younger than me and from what I've seen everyone is pretty nice and respectful to everyone, regardless of age. Even the older members were our age once, so they do a pretty good job of knowing where we're coming from as far as age and experience goes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts