Dog Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
DNA is the only way to tell for sure!

But I wanted to comment on this poor puppy's legs. Are you feeding him kibble? Are you supplementing with calcium? If yes to this latter question, please stop! Commercial kibbles are already formulated to give the puppy all the nutrition he needs! Too much calcium can cause their legs to be deformed, and this puppy looks like that is happening!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DNA is the only way to tell for sure!

But I wanted to comment on this poor puppy's legs. Are you feeding him kibble? Are you supplementing with calcium? If yes to this latter question, please stop! Commercial kibbles are already formulated to give the puppy all the nutrition he needs! Too much calcium can cause their legs to be deformed, and this puppy looks like that is happening!
No it’s not my dog I was asking things about it cause I was gonna buy it

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
No it’s not my dog I was asking things about it cause I was gonna buy it
I recommend you not buy this dog because the front legs are deformed. Not really badly, but enough that it may or may not be treatable, and even if it can be treated, having legs like that may end up with the dog having arthritis at a y oung age or become crippled. And be painful for the dog. And cost a lot in vet bills.

Additionally, if you are not sure whether or not this is a purebred, you shouldn't pay any money at all for the dog.
If it is a breeder selling the dog, that is definitely not a good breeder, selling a dog with bent front legs like that.

If it is a store, run away.
If it is someone who has the dog in their backyard, don't pay money for the dog. This is someone trying to fob a dog with a medical problem off onto someone else. If you are willing to take on the medical problems and have the money to pay for vet care, then take the dog only if you can get him for free.

·
Registered
Auggie & Rory
10 Posts
I recommend you not buy this dog because the front legs are deformed. Not really badly, but enough that it may or may not be treatable, and even if it can be treated, having legs like that may end up with the dog having arthritis at a y oung age or become crippled. And be painful for the dog. And cost a lot in vet bills.

Additionally, if you are not sure whether or not this is a purebred, you shouldn't pay any money at all for the dog.
If it is a breeder selling the dog, that is definitely not a good breeder, selling a dog with bent front legs like that.

If it is a store, run away.
If it is someone who has the dog in their backyard, don't pay money for the dog. This is someone trying to fob a dog with a medical problem off onto someone else. If you are willing to take on the medical problems and have the money to pay for vet care, then take the dog only if you can get him for free.
x2. Don't purchase this puppy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts