Dog Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes her vet says, she looks exactly like a rhodesian ridgeback, and I googled pictures and I couldnt believe the resemblance but , she has webbed feet and there were 13 puppies and they were all black she was the only gold one, I am going to do the DNA testing but I heard that it wasnt very accurate
thank you for replying

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Unless you're in SA, that seems a tad unlikely. Yellow, short coated dogs of medium size are what you get when dogs are allowed to breed willy nilly. (See also: dingos) So he could be a mixture of just about everything. As to a specific cross, I'd guess mostly lab with some hound.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, I googled dingos, they are beautiful, but she looks nothing like them, we go to the dog park everyday and there are some rhodesians there and the resemblance is unbelievable, but like you said it really could be anything, I love her and it doesnt matter but everywhere we go people ask me what is she, I just answer a rescue, LOL,, for 4 months old, she sits, stays , shakes hands, potty trained, loves her crate, plays frisbee , fetch and swims, I couldnt ask for a better dog, Thank you for replying, you dog is beautiful

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The funny thing, when talking with her vet is that he said, most mixed breeds you can tell something from the other breed, the size of the head is different from the body, tail, ears ect, but she is not, she is spot on , with weight , height coloring of a rhodesian, i will let you guys know when I get the
DNA come back!!! thank you,

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow I just looked up the vizla , I had never heard of that breed, kinda looks like her but the noses are longer, those are beautiful dogs, OMG

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Vizslas are extremely intelligent! Her profile pic looks exactly like the one that jogs by with her owner every single day, down to the tip of that curved tail, lol. I taught 8 tricks/commands to one I was dog sitting in 4 hours, she was incredible. Keep us posted on the DNA, this is so much fun!

·
Registered
218 Posts
If you're in the US, I'd say a pit bull (or similar) & lab mix. It's a very common mix to find in shelters since the 2 breeds are among the most popular large-ish dog breeds. The muscle build in the legs/hip area indicate a bully breed and the ears and face are lab like.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts