Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dane forums aren't to kind to folks like me so I came somewhere I would be more welcomed. I have a new puppy coming in a few days and I already own two chihuahua mixes, a doby mix and a minpin and a cat! Hello everyone!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Welcome! Why aren't Dane forums kind to you? I almost joined an all Aussie one, but it was all show dogs and breeding stuff only so I passed. They probably wouldn't have taken too kindly to either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's just a matter of opinion but they pretty much jumped down my throat and dragged me because they felt I purchased from a byb. Despite all the qualifications the breeder met, just because I'm getting my puppy at 7wks and 5 days (3 shy of 8 weeks) suddenly I'm an irresponsible owner. I felt so shamed I needed to find a dog forum that was opinionated but not in an "lets have the elite jump you" kind of way haha. Plus this forum is way more active! I can't wait to post pics! Lol

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I found like, one Cocker forum (one of my dogs is a mix) and joined. The people there were actually really nice, but the forum wasn't super active and despite having a Cocker mix I'm not super into Cockers. ;)

Yes, please post pictures of all your pups! For some reason I'm picturing, like, a black Great Dane and everyone else as black and tan...like a sea of matching dogs. Haha.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I'd rather be somewhere active like here. Plus I love all my animals (cat included!) And wanted a place to interact with other folks like me! Are you psychic?! Look at my boys! They all match! And my Dane was a close guess, she's a Mantle! I get her in a few days.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Are you on a mobile device right now? For some reason it says that for attached pictures on cell phones and tablets and the like. Irritating but I have no idea why.

I can usually see embedded pictures on my phone but I have absolutely no idea how to actually embed pictures from a phone. I can barely do it from my computer :p

I can see your pictures (I'm on my computer right now) and they are super cute!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,
Welcome to what seems to be a pretty friendly place. I just recently got a 1/2 dane and 1/2 aussie mix..........he looks exactly like a black dane only a bit smaller.
I am sure I know what forum you are talking about and I have been really taken back by the way some of the members treat those that don't buy a pup from a "show" breeder. They do seem to lump anyone else as close to puppy mill type.

I do understand that the GD has huge medical inherited problems as a breed and that testing should be done on parents and even further back to hopefully weed out some of the problems, but they tend to take this way to serious. I understand why you were not inclined to return. They mean well just get a bit obsessive about it :)

I do like the fact that they have a separate category for raw feeding which I like to contribute to. My pup was adopted from a prison program where they take surrendered and shelter dogs and train them for good loving homes, so I was safe, LOL!

Your pup and dogs are so cute and it seems you are a great doggy mom!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.