Dog Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, doing anything special for the pup/pups in your life on this day?

Getting Sam some marrow bones and bully sticks.

What about you?:D

·
Registered
906 Posts
I could do a lot more if National Dog day were a stat holiday ... :) Just think how much the street cred of dogs would go up if we could make it a paid holiday. :)

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I have been saving up a raw reindeer bone that I froze in the freezer. I think I can give it to Kuma today. (He won't touch pig's ears or raw hides, but raw bones? a different story.)

Or maybe I should give him a raw chicken bone as I know he will eat all of it where as the reindeer bone I would have to toss away after he's done with it....

anyways, happy national dog day everyone.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Took the boys on a walk in the woods this morning. :)

·
Registered
641 Posts
Took my dog to the college campus where I work and to which students are starting to return. That may not sound like much, but he loves going there because he gets a lot of attention from students, faculty, and staff. He's also likely to get treats from someone--today it was two dog biscuits from the receptionist in residential life--plus excessive petting and belly rubbing. I realized today that he's gotten the names of several offices/buildings down, so that when I suggested that we'd go to the library if he knew where that was and gave him a bit of leash so that he could choose the direction we'd go, he headed straight there.

Oddly, virtually everyone seemed to know it was National Dog Day, even if they didn't own a dog. One woman told me she'd heard it on the radio on the way to work but most seemed to have seen it on-line.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Unfortunately, National Dog Day also fell on the first week of the fall semester, so I was dead on my feet by the time I got home yesterday. I'll give my little nuggets a nice treat this weekend, and maybe take Erik and Eva to a parade tonight to see some Clydesdales.

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
For National Dog Day I got hurricane supplies. That counts right? Also got 2 new bags of treats.

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Levi got chewed on by Heidi. And Heidi got to chew on Levi. So...big day. :p

Reactions: jclark343 and Dia

·
Registered
906 Posts
Our dogs actually did get an extra walk-about yesterday. I think they enjoyed it.

No special treats, given that they both overate earlier this year, so Boone got fat and Tara got fatter. Silly dogs! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts