Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! I've lurked around this forum for a while. It kept popping up in Bing's search results whenever I look into something about my dog(s) so I decided to finally join. I recently adopted a dachshund/lab mix back in March and she's so totally different from my previous dog that sometimes I'm not sure how to handle what she does! Her name is Paige and she is very sweet and loves to play. She is 4 years old and loves to cuddle with humans and dig under blankets. I also have a 6 year old lab, Luke. He is just a bundle of energy and I've had him since he was a puppy. He'd rather get a good petting and then chase after things than lay around like Paige.

I also have 2 guinea pigs, so I really love animals and having them around. I just want to be a better owner for them. :)

·
Registered
495 Posts
Welcome! We're glad to have you, and it sounds like you'll fit in perfectly here!

Also, I'm pretty sure it's required to ask for pictures of your furry family! ;)

Again, welcome! :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome! We're glad to have you, and it sounds like you'll fit in perfectly here!

Also, I'm pretty sure it's required to ask for pictures of your furry family! ;)

Again, welcome! :D
:eek: Pictures! I knew I was forgetting something! I slapped up Paige as my avatar then forgot to get actual photos. Haha, I'll get on that! I don't see an edit button though to edit my first post. I must be blind, I just can't find it. Hmmm...

·
Registered
904 Posts
Hello, and welcome to dog forum. Your Paige looks pretty cute. I think the edit button disappears after a certain amount of time.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I don't see an edit button though to edit my first post. I must be blind, I just can't find it. Hmmm...
You can only edit within a certain time limit of making the first post. A bit different from other forums! So feel free to just add another reply with the pictures. :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here we go, pictures!

Paige being shy. She generally tries to look away from the camera.

Paige rolling in the grass. It was just so cute. Of course it leaves her fur nasty so I always have to re-brush her when she does this :D

Luke. He looks smaller in this picture, but he was weighed a few weeks ago and was 99 pounds!

Ryu. The eldest of the two guinea pigs. She's 5 years old and likes to knock over their little houses in their cage and lay in the side.

And last, Ino! She's such a bundle of energy. She's a few months old and just loves to run and squeak. The carrot was to keep her still.

I have loads more of everyone. I will browse through them and pick the best for sharing more in the future! :)

·
Registered
904 Posts
Lovely pics. Dogs do love rolling, don't they? My dog is short haired, so most of the stuff he rolls in just falls off. He's rarely shown interest in rolling in stinky stuff, so I guess I'm lucky there.

Ryu is five? Is that old for a guinea pig? I thought they only lived 2-3 years.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the compliments, guys! I really like taking pictures of my dogs and guinea pigs. So I have a whole bunch, hehe.

Lovely pics. Dogs do love rolling, don't they? My dog is short haired, so most of the stuff he rolls in just falls off. He's rarely shown interest in rolling in stinky stuff, so I guess I'm lucky there.

Ryu is five? Is that old for a guinea pig? I thought they only lived 2-3 years.
Oh yeah. Luke is like that. He will create a mess in his water bucket and roll around in the mud, then like an hour later, it will just fall off and he's clean. But I do not mind brushing. It can even be relaxing sometimes :)

It is old for them. Guinea pigs tend to live for 4-6 years. Most of my guinea pigs end up going at 4 for some reason (I changed the way I feed guinea pigs now so they should live longer). Some of them though, are really tough! My first guinea pig lived to be 6. Another one had some kind of a tumor or cyst that could not be removed, along with fighting bumblefoot (it's a guinea pig disease of the foot, in case you didn't know) and she lived to a normal life-span of 5. Ryu is...well, a weenie in most respects but she got real sick last Christmas and beat it, and is perfectly healthy now! Most people don't think guinea pigs can be tough, but they sure can. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.