Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cosmo has had leg injuries and problems with limping in the past just from playing so dang hard but recently he's begun doing something that has me a bit worried.

Sometimes when he gets on the bed he puts both paws up and then stop, as if it's going to hurt when he hauls his back legs up. After encouraging him to get up he will then carefully place one leg at a time and pull himself up.

Just now we played pretty hard in the park and when he loaded back into the car, he wouldn't get in, and eventually put his paws up on the seat but then slowly placed one leg and then another and pulled himself in.

Otherwise he walks perfectly fine, no limping, no straining, and he can run for hours. It's just when he's getting onto beds and sometimes into cars.

Is he just being lazy or should I be worried? He recently had his hips xrayed and I can post the scans if anyone would like, but they came back perfectly normal. That was about last month.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I doubt he's being lazy. Sounds like he's in pain. Hips are not the only joints that can cause a dog to have trouble getting on the couch or into a vehicle. Shoulder and spine should be investigated. I'd take him in for an evaluation and describe what you're seeing to your vet.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I knew what the response was going to be, I just would hate for him to be in pain and have a hip or knee problem :(

Guess I was just hoping people would tell me everything was fine and I was over reacting!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts