Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No question really, just find it fascinating that suddenly (he's 5 months, 1 week old) Cobber has started lifting his little back leg (so friggin cute!) and marking at every tree/lamppost/bush where all the other neighborhood dogs stop. What's really funny is he doesn't have the balance figured out yet, so he often lifts then falls over. He doesn't have portion control figured out yet either, so he will lift and nothing happens :) Just another phase that I don't specifically remember from past puppies, although obviously it started at some point with all of them.

And, oh the biting has finally stopped - YAY!!!

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
The biting has stopped!!!! Yahoo!!!
Now you can help others to withstand their puppy's biting phase.
Your Cobber was the most challenging puppy I've seen on this forum for this issue!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The biting has stopped!!!! Yahoo!!!
Now you can help others to withstand their puppy's biting phase.
Your Cobber was the most challenging puppy I've seen on this forum for this issue!
Tess, your help and advice was priceless!!! I'm not sure I would've survived without you reassuring me to be slllloooowwww and really boring, and to keep my hands away from being anywhere near his head for any reason. It seems so obvious now, but it was so contrary to how I envisioned playing with my new puppy :rolleyes:

I got a look earlier today at the new molars -- I'm SO happy he's not biting anymore because they are almost as big as his head. He should be able to bite through logs when all his new teeth come in.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Hahahahaha I read he's started marking our walls!!! Was thinking Oh No!!!! Please don't do this to your mom!! She's had to deal with you thinking you're an alligator and now this???? Hahahahaha

xxxx

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hahahahaha I read he's started marking our walls!!! Was thinking Oh No!!!! Please don't do this to your mom!! She's had to deal with you thinking you're an alligator and now this???? Hahahahaha

xxxx
Oh THAT would be bad!!:eek:

No, luckily, it's just outside on our walks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Yay!! I'm so glad he's stopped the biting!

Not to hijack but Tessa's finally stopped too, although she'll have a moment when she's way too over excited/tired and that's when I say "where's your toy?" and she runs off to get her toy and play.

I think all of us puppy owners should give Tess and all the df members a huge cyber hug for getting us through it:huddle:; now we can give advice to the newbies on the forum, you know, since we're old pros now;)

Reactions: CobbersMom
1 - 6 of 6 Posts