Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
woohoo!! happy dance :rockon: cant wait for you to share him with us in the future.

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
Congratulations! He's adorable.

·
Banned
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. He's about 5 years old.

Last night he kept wanting to go outside, didn't know if he was looking for his family but he did an awful lot of marking - everywhere. So far so good, not long up and he was banging at the door to get out, no accidents. He's pretty affectionate, sweet little dog. I think I found a new best friend :)

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
He is killing me with cuteness! I love those ears. I love that you guys are already so happy!

·
Banned
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its only been 12 hours, but he's already overcoming little unsures. Every time we leave the condo, took a different direction back in. New door, he's like nope - just wait and he comes but next time, no problem. Short amount of time, so much to take in, so many different smells, different sights. It's so quiet in this condo and he's alert to every noise outside. No barking so far, just quiet woofs.

Don't know if he even slept much last night, he looks rather tired this morning. He's found the bed and blanket I bought him last night - but I have blankets in various locations and he's tried them all. Hope at some point that he chooses to sleep in the bed with me.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Fabulous! Sounds like you'll be perfect for each other.

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
Congrats! Welcome Monty! He's very cute. And a red min pin too! Those ears are great. And it sounds like he is adjusting well. I am so glad to hear you are happy and have the comfort of knowing he is yours.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Such a cutie, congratulations and all the best!

I hope to read from you two a lot if you can manage next to spending time with Monty ;)

·
Banned
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He was amazing today, had him out to different clients - had at least 50 people petting him. Little bit skittish at first, but warmed up really quick. Had a little nap in my arms today, that's a good sign.

·
Registered
300 Posts
your new friend is a fast learner! sounds like a smart little one with a beautiful personality. you guys are going to be so happy :)

·
Banned
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He's a smart little guy. Day 2, no accidents in the condo, let me know this morning that he needed to pee. Don't think he slept the first night he was here, on the couch all night and I suspect he was watching the door most of the night. Yawned all Thursday, looked so tired. Brought him in the room with me last night, closed the door and hooked up the camera to watch. He stayed on my bed and didn't stir at all, so he's finally gotten a good night of sleep. It's a little creepy watching yourself sleep.

Spent an hour in the dog park last evening, he did fine with dogs. No chance of going off leash for some time yet, but he's just now responding to the cue of my voice and starting to pay attention. Going to give him a week or so before doing much training. He's a bit reactive in certain areas, but that will go away as his confidence builds.

Everything is new to him here, and I'll be taking him to every new place I can. Everything has to be explored with that Min Pin tenacity, I love that trait in these dogs. I catch myself calling him Jagger once in a while...

I don't think it's sunk in yet that I have a dog of my own.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Adorable.

·
Banned
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, 5 of my neighbors have volunteered to dog sit at any time :D Everyone is swooning over over him.

Was going to hold off changing anything in his diet for a couple of weeks, but he's been doing so well I figured what the heck. Gave him a raw chicken foot to try and he's loving it. Finished it all. It's his first time with raw anything. Yes, the blankets get washed quite often, but i need a feeding mat of some sort.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts