Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! For those of you who have not read my introduction, Hershey is my 6mos-old Australian Shepherd puppy. He is a chocolate tri, hence the name Hershey.

We started agility in November. We are doing low jumps of 4" or less because he is still a puppy. So far this month, we have had two personal sessions with the trainers. It has been great! I volunteer to scribe so that I can get extra time in the arena after the runs.

We started on the teeter last night. It is a lot of fun training. Hershey is my first agility dog. Having fun is the most important aspect for me. I do have ambitions to go to trials when he is of the right age and to run him as long as he is willing and able. I hope to go to the USDAA trials as Hershey is only American Stock Dog Registered, not AKC. If the USDAA goes international, I hope we qualify to be on the team someday.

Hershey is my little love. He is the dog I have wanted for a long time and we are having a blast! I will be adding to this thread from time to time to keep everyone updated on how we are progressing.

I would love to hear from others, both just starting and those who have been doing agility for a while!

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
I also have an Aussie, and he is starting agility in two weeks. He is currently practicing Susan Salo jump grids.
I also have a 6 month old Border Collie. She has been practicing on baby equipment - modified A-frame, wobble-boards, tunnel, pause tables, small jumps, Susan Salo puppy jumping, and ladder work which is the least fun, but probably one of the most beneficial, I've seen massive leaps in her body awareness.
I plan to trial both of my dogs as well, so good luck. :)

Reactions: jclark343

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
If you look into a PAL registry you could show in AKC. It's their Purebred Alternative Listing, which is good for dogs that are pure but were not properly registered for one reason or another. That would give you the ability to show AKC. My lab is a registered PAL.

Reactions: Sha

·
Registered
868 Posts
I hope to do agility with Aayla, my 4 month old Aussie, as well!

You should get some pictures and videos up! I'd love to see your pup practice on some equipment!

Reactions: jclark343
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.