Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up Charlie from my rescue director yesterday afternoon. I expected a monster of a dog and what I got was the sweetest little boy I could ever have hoped for. He has his issues with squeaky toys and doesn't like to be groomed but well with a little training I can handle the grooming part. It'll be up to him to get over the squeaky thing... He was tormented by children with squeaky toys when he was in his crate and hates the sound of them. I have all my noise makers put up for now and when he goes to his forever home I'll bring them back out.
This morning was grooming day for my three. They smelled like the vet's kennel PU! So I figured as long as I had to haul all the tools out I might as well do everyone and get it over with. Brandi, Lacey, Kadin and Ginger are pretty good about nail grinding and foot pad clipping but I also had Charlie to contend with. All in all he did pretty well. We had a bit of a tug of war with the first foot, but I had a soft mesh muzzle on him and he couldn't bite me so I just kept hold of the foot and did what I had to do. By the time I was done with the second foot he was standing quietly and didn't tug much at all.
So everyone say hello to Charlie. He's a tri factored sheltie and he weighs about 27 pounds. He's no bigger than Brandi so he should weigh no more than 20 pounds. So a diet is in order for Mr. Charlie.

Hugs

·
Registered
303 Posts
He is so handsome Judy! I can't wait to read more about Charlie and how he comes around un your capable hands!

·
Registered
13 Posts
He´s georgous!!!! i also got bonnie from a rescue centre....there are so many dogs that need good homes,i think that people should stop buying dogs and rescue more, dogs from rescue centres arnt always problem animales, they mostly come from sad back grounds and need lots of loving...

·
Registered
620 Posts
What a beauty! I think it's just fabulous that you're fostering. I failed at my first foster attempt.

I got the dog into the van, he put his front paws on the console and licked my nose. I fell in love and he's staying. No foster. Mine! :) :)

I sort of suspected I wouldn't be able to foster because once they get here, they're mine. :) :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts