1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found my puppy licking her paw
I go check what it is
Find a hole????
What could this be from and how to i help prevent it from happening again?

will be cleaning it out and speaking to my vet i was wondering if anyone else has had to deal with
690E1B2D-E3F1-4DC4-9E46-67668FA6FD31.png

·
Super Moderator
4,892 Posts
It really isn't clear in the photo but it looks like a puncture wound. Whether it's from something like a stick or from another animal, insect or something else is anybody's guess.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It really isn't clear in the photo but it looks like a puncture wound. Whether it's from something like a stick or from another animal, insect or something else is anybody's guess.
I was thinking the same thing,
Would probably have to be from a stick or a rock
And it looks like a puncture that kind of exploded a little bit if that makes any sense

·
Registered
101 Posts
I agree with Joanne, it does look rather like a puncture wound. Your girl will keep it clean herself, you could help by bathing it with some salt water yourself.
If you are worried about it a visit to the vet would be a good idea.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was a bit concerned
Was thinking to clean it out with some saline and then watch it over the next little while so it doesn’t get infected

·
Super Moderator
4,892 Posts
I tend to treat scrapes and things the way I would for myself - I don't rush to the doctor with every ailment but if it doesn't heal or it gets worse, I'd get help then.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you
nova is my first malamute and oh my lord she is bringing out the ‘nee mom’ in me im always freakin out that something isnt right 😆😆

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nova’s foot hole is getting better
I clean it twice a day and put mrs. maggies lick-able polysporin stuff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts