Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that one of my sisters little dogs broke his jaw somehow.... I don't know what happened. I went out to feed the dogs and he was moving his mouth weird and he hid under the bar we have in the backyard (he's a bit skittish, but I feed my dogs raw meat, and so he gets really exited and comes to me because he knows I mean food). I got him and he was covered in blood and moving his mouth weird and crying. He stopped crying when I picked him up but he would whimper if I touched in a certain way. I'm pretty sure I felt a break though, I could be wrong cause I'm obviously not a vet or anything, but does anybody know of a natural way, like a poultice or something that I can use on him?

This dog showed up in our neighborhood a few years ago, and long story short we took him in, so we have zero medical history of any sort on him. All I know is that he was already an adult when he showed up, and that was 5ish years ago.

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
A vet is your best bet.

If you won't go to a vet he won't be able to eat chewable fo the mean time. If you are not prepared to take him to the vet or make food slurries for him please contact the local rescues/shelters in the area.

honestly it sounds like an awful break and leaving him in pain and unable to eat properly would be very cruel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts