Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
My best guess would be some kind of shepherd mix, possibly with lab. It will be easier to tell as she grows.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never had a dog before
Im want her to pee outside but she doesnt seem to get it the second i we walk back in she Goes i even tried to stay out for an hour after she wakes she críes to the door to go inside an pee what can i do

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
You have to be very consitant with potty training. Make sure your taking her out every couple of hours even at night and give her lots of praise and rewards for going potty outside. Just keep in mind she is a little puppy so its going to take her a little while to master bladder control, so make sure you also supervise her and try to notice her signs of needing to go out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I take her out every hour after eating sleeping and playing aswell
I have her for 2 weeks now not once has she gone potty outside its like reversed
When i stay out more than am hour she críes to go inside and the first thing she does is pee
I tried to Pick her up in the act and take her outside for another 10 minutes let her smell my neibourghs dog pee and no results once back in she does it aigain i reapeted it 3 times

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Try lengthening the time to two hours between each outside trip, she may just not need to go after one hour. Sometimes a bit of exercise can help them want to go outside.
If she only goes after she comes back in, keep her on leash then when you go inside go out again immediately. I don't know if it will work but it might be worth a try. Basicaly if you take her back inside after she doesn't go, be on her like a hawk and at any sign that she needs to go or is about to go, go right back outside again.
With the more "stuborn" potty training cases, as I said you have to really be consitant and any time she goes outside at all heavily reward, make going outside a awesome fun and rewarding thing to do. She's young, so it is going to take her some time to get the idea.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
You have to catch her in the act, say no and immediately take her outside. When we were training Samantha, years ago, we took her outside every 30 minutes. Every time she peed or pooped outside, she immediately got a treat. Didn't take long for her to figure out that peeing or pooping outside was virtually a key to the pantry for her. Now she is seven and a half years old, she still gets a treat when she does her business outside, just because. She by the way, has not had an accident inside since she was a little over a year old, probably six weeks after we adopted her.

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
I take her out every hour after eating sleeping and playing aswell
I have her for 2 weeks now not once has she gone potty outside its like reversed
When i stay out more than am hour she críes to go inside and the first thing she does is pee
I tried to Pick her up in the act and take her outside for another 10 minutes let her smell my neibourghs dog pee and no results once back in she does it aigain i reapeted it 3 times

You'll need to break that habit.

Take her out, give her 10 to 30 min to potty, if she potties then give her a treat and tell her what a good puppy she is. Depending on her temperament, you may gently and softly tell her she's a good girl, or you may tell it to her in a happy excited voice. Some puppies get frightened by the later, other puppies thrive on it. Bring her back in and give her some freedom

If she does not potty in the allotted time then bring her back in and confine her somewhere. If you've crate trained her then put her in there, of not then tether her to you or put her in an exercise pen. Puppies usually will not pee where they sleep, so confining her should help keep her from having accidents. In 5 to 10 minutes take her back outside and try again. If she potties then she gets a treat and some freedom inside, if not bring her back in and repeat confining her for 5 to 10 minutes.

Clean all accidents with an enzyme cleaner so that no smell is left. Even if it smell O.K. to you she may still be able to smell and accident.

Unless she's just pottied you should not give her any freedom, that's to try and prevent accidents.

A word of caution on telling her No, or anything like that, some puppies it won't bother to be told that, but others are very sensitive and it might. I had one that was crushed by a stern voice, and one that I could scream at and it wouldn't bother him, so know your puppies temperament before hand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts