Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

We Have now have 3 Dogs

Missy a 8 Year Old Australian Shepherd

Willow a 1 year old Chinese Crested Powder Puff

Aliyah a Chinese Crested

3 Cats

I just got a Chinese Crested Aliyah
I got her from a lady who could no longer care for her before that she was abandon the lady loved her but could no longer have her so I took her
She is Very under weight she has Terrible rashes and inches all the time she is very scared of us she is slowly getting Use to our pets but so scared still I can tell this poor girl has had puppies before I need Help with Aliyah We are taking her to a vet soon for treatment she is so sweet and slowly getting better

What skin treatment?

I am putting Curl Lotion very heathy has Oatmeal and lavender In it to help her skin

How to Help Aliyah with her fear?

How to Help her with her weight?

Thank You

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I think you should definitely consult a veterinarian about what sort of treatment to get for her skin. I would recommend Dr. Foster and Smith's "septi-soothe" shampoo but a vet that actually sees the dog would know better. Is that lotion you're putting on her for people? If so, I wouldn't use it. I don't think anything with any scent would be a good idea either, that might irritate her more.

Again, this dog needs a good check up to see if there's a medical reason she is underweight. She may have parasites. If you're not sure of that be careful having her around your other pets. If she's just underfed try finding a high calorie food, or just feed her three meals a day.

In terms of fear go very slowly. The other dogs might comfort her so that can sometimes help. I would feed her something very yummy like a hot dog piece or cheese every time she sees you. Try not to reach your hands out to grab or pet her. In fact don't try to approach her much at all. Always lower yourself, kneeling, crouching or sitting on the floor. Don't look directly at her face because she might find that threatening. Try to let her approach you. And if she does don't overdo it with affection. Just be very gentle and go slow, and give her lots of treats and nice things. If you can afford one, get a behaviorist or trainer too.

But first please take her to a vet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi

Thank You for your help
Yes it is people Lotion I looked it up it said things that are best in the lotion and it is I thought it might help until we can get proper care for her Her ear mites are really getting better we are putting olive oil that that is working great The help for her fear is great she is slowly starting to trust us I bet some horrible things must her happened to her before because sometimes we are about to pet her and she yelps she loves sitting on our lap and sleeping with is she is a very sweet girl planning on taking her to the vet tomorrow hopefully

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Dogs' bodies don't react to things the same ways they do to people, especially if they've got some condition, allergy or illness. So please just be very careful about anything you put on this dog.

Many times dogs are fearful just because they've been neglected. Lots of people will get dogs and think they've been abused or hurt when really they've just had very little interaction with people, so people are scary to them because they aren't used to them. I know Chinese Cresteds can sometimes be a bit nervous. The fact she is sitting in your lap and letting you touch her shows she isn't that seriously fearful. Just be careful not to make sudden movements with her or hover over her if possible. Just show her that people are nice, and nothing bad will happen, but don't overwhelm her or try to pull her back if she tries to get away.

Let us know what happens with the vet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I will be more careful She only Has One eye I forgot to say that not sure how it happened I made it sound terrible but Yes we can pet her she enjoys sitting on our lap and sometimes sleeping with us she follows us around the house her skin is not super bad it just looks not pretty I will let you know

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
It does sound like the poor girl has suffered a lot. Chinese Cresteds often have a habit of...crumbling as they age but I've never heard of eyes popping out. So maybe she was hurt or in some sort of accident. How old is she by the way? How are her teeth/gums?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
They are not sure How old They think a certain thing But She is Younger I think for sure !!! Her teeth are really white and clean her gums are clean also That's why I think she is younger

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok Taking Aliyah to the vet today at 2:30 will let you know what happens I have been putting Coconut Oil in her food and some on her skin I have been treating the ear mites We are hoping for good news at the vet if it cost too much we will have to put Aliyah down I would feel that is best after all she has been though Otherwise we will get treatment for her and try to keep her it just all depend on what we have to pay around 300 with all her care

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We took Aliyah to our vet He looked at her she is about 4 years old He gave her a shot and stuff for her skin along with shampoo Sadly we cant keep Aliyah I am trying to talk my family in to keeping her she is a sweet lovable girl

1 - 9 of 9 Posts