Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't really know how this website works or if I'm doing this right but my 5 month old rat terrier mix is yipping for no reason I pressed on his stomach on his feet and everywhere else and he didn't yip at all he is still jumping on couches and walking around but he just yips at random times I don't know what's wrong an getting worried

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Does he seem distressed and anxious? Has anything that might have startled or upset him happened? Could he be hearing something outside that you can't hear and is giving an alert bark?

Did this just start today? Sorry for all the questions but it's hard to know what might be happening. Might be nothing more than puppy excitement but if he seems distressed and can't settle down when he normally would, keep an eye on him. If he stops eating or eliminating for more than 24 hours, take him to the vet.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My sister has a rat terrier and she yips at what seems like random too. However, my sister watched her very closely and it was a very quite sound from outside setting her rat terrier off. Maybe it is the same for yours. Their ears are very sensitive so they can hear a lot more than we can.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts